[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Vivendi shuts down KQIX

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Vivendi shuts down KQIX

Check here for any Sierra or site related news

Moderator: FesterBlatz

Postby mcdonis » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:06 pm

Honestly I seriously doubt they have any intention of developing any new Kings Quest games. I would say its only that they dont want any competition with their re-release of the older games.

Lets think this one through. They know full well they can cash in by just dusting off the old games and selling them. This is just a one time dip for cash in a market that has these collections over priced. Its one thing to do a quick re-release of old material to make a few bucks on us collectors. Its an enterly different thing to spend the millions it would cost to develop and produce a new game.

My advice, dont get your hopes up. I think they just dont want us thinking about anything else but their new collections, thats all. If they werent doing the collections they probably wouldnt care.

If I am right then they are being first class losers. But thats life
mcdonis
Clerk at Black's Market

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Austin2359 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:08 pm

If you are right they are extremely stupid because the only thing this free game would do would be to boost sales of the collection through increased awareness.
Austin2359
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Nobara » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:29 pm

Yeah, I think Mcdonis is right on the money here. They probably did this for two reasons -- 1 - the project was nearing completion (they probably didn't think that it would seriously be made) and 2 - they're re-releasing the Quest games in compilations. Austin is right that it's dumb for them to do this though. The fact that they knew about KQ9 all along and chose WEEKS before its release to shut them down is a d**k move on VU's part, and it makes me not want to buy the new compilations. And I had been planning to buy every single one of them, even the Police Quest one, and I have never had any interest in the PQ games before.
Nobara
Dr. Brain's Hippocampus

Postby Austin2359 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:35 pm

I'm starting to become very synacle about big corporations like I am about big Government (this is typical of Americans btw). These things get so big that the leaders completely lose contact with reality and only keep contact with each other. Microsoft is guilty of this too, with putting so many security checks on their products that their friendly fire hurts people that aren't pirating. But to a bunch of pampered whiny businessmen, it seems like a good idea.

Big Corporations should learn to stay in contact with reality. They are necessary for mass production of games but it is not necessary for them to be so stupid.
Last edited by Austin2359 on Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Austin2359

Postby Kenneth » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:40 pm

KQ9 was looking soo good, I saw the trailer for it and was blown away!

This is sad.
Kenneth

Postby Maxor127 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:42 am

Like I said, if they're serious about releasing KQIX, all they have to do is change a few things at the minimum and VU can't do anything even if they wanted to. Release a game with no actual King's Quest names or likenesses and then some "unknown" person can release an unofficial patch that changes everything back to how it was meant to be.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby Robin » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:50 am

How would it effect the sales? The game is free.
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Larry53 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:39 am

oh nooooo :!:
:evil:
Larry53
Dr. Nonookie's Insurance Agent

Postby Austin2359 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:30 pm

On adventuregamers forum, we are getting into a really heated debate with people arguing on both sides.

Check out these topic.

http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showt ... hp?t=11014
http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showt ... hp?t=11008
Austin2359

Postby Austin2359 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:47 pm

I am very dissapointed in Venvedi. But if Pheonix just completely roles over and dies I'll be dissapointed in them too. At least release something. Patch it up. Change it around. But don't freaking let all that work go to waste.
Austin2359

Postby mcdonis » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:36 pm

mcdonis
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby mcdonis » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:44 pm

mcdonis
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Austin2359 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:56 pm

Austin2359

Postby Robin » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:36 am

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Maxor127 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:48 am

Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

PreviousNext

Return to News