[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Now Vivendi closes SQ3VGA

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Now Vivendi closes SQ3VGA

Check here for any Sierra or site related news

Moderator: FesterBlatz

Postby Austin2359 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:50 pm

Yep. They shut this one down.

This one may be more understandable.
Austin2359
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Kenneth » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Yeah... Any game that replicates a sierra game that uses a more modern engine or rather an game engine better than the original is illegal.
Kenneth

Postby Austin2359 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:59 pm

If they weren't re-releasing the collections it would be bs but since they are I can understand.
Austin2359

Postby Kenneth » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:00 pm

any link to the news for this?

I see that Planet Wilco has nothing there.
Kenneth

Postby Austin2359 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:01 pm

http://www.fanventures.com/

Oct 9. And there goes another one:
Space Quest III Remake, by Hybrid Studios have also been shut down. In these recent turn of events, we really do see the evil side of Vivendi, closing down anything that moves.

It's sad to see this happening, and I don't even want to think about what happens next.
Austin2359

Postby Kenneth » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:03 pm

this blows.
Kenneth

Postby Kenneth » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:07 pm

What can we do about this, do you think?
Kenneth

Postby Austin2359 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:09 pm

I don't know. But again I kindov sympathize with Vivendi on this one. I say to keep pushing KQIX and let this one go. Just talk on forums and maybe write a letter as I have.
Austin2359

Postby Kenneth » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:10 pm

I sent Vivdeni an email about KQIX but havent got a reply (I'm not really expecting one).
Kenneth

Postby Johnny Westland » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:44 pm

I just sent an email to Phoenix Online Studios, but it came back undeliverable. As I stated, I'm a lawyer and would like to help out with these two projects in any way I can. I think a response letter should be prepared for both projects. A negotiation may be possible. If anyone knows how I can contact the directors of either of these projects, let me know.
Johnny Westland
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby Austin2359 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:50 pm

You could always sign up on their forum and make a post here.

http://www.kqix.com/forum/index.php?topic=3003.0

This is a link off of the original letter where they broke the news of the shutdown. They said they are interested in hearing what people have to say.
Austin2359

Postby Maxor127 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:42 pm

No excuse for doing shutting down projects. Doesn't make any sense financial or otherwise. Like I said, I know people are going to buy the compilations regardless unless they turn out to be complete crap and having a fan-game released or not isn't going to hurt sales. People that like these games are never going to suddenly hate the originals and people who never bought these games before probably aren't going to buy them now either and they don't know about fan games or anything. The only excuse I'd accept for shutting down projects is if they were trying to sell these games and make money off them. But if it's a free tribute to games they love and they just want to honor them, then Vivendi is just shooting themselves in the foot and alienating their very fanbase.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby QuestCollector » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:11 pm

May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Spong » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:16 pm

If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Postby Johnny Westland » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:53 pm

Johnny Westland
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Next

Return to News