[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Sierra concept art page updated (alternative box covers)

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Sierra concept art page updated (alternative box covers)

Check here for any Sierra or site related news

Moderator: FesterBlatz

Postby Psychic » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:54 am

I just made a pretty big update to my Sierra proto art page:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/psychic/eng_prototypes.html

There's also concept art from other companies/genres like LucasArts, SSI, AD&D, Ultima, Tolkien.

New covers from Sierra since last update: AD&D Birthright, King's Quest 8: Mask of Eternity, Castle of Dr. Brain, Capitol Punishment, Codename: Iceman, Phantasmagoria, Space Quest 6, Wrath of Denethenor, Manhunter New York, Gabriel Knight 2.

All are cool, but KQ8 and Gabriel Knight 2 early covers are my favorites this time. Although great, I can see why they didn't choose the early GK2 as the final, because it makes the cover too even and centerlined, and the wolf makes the meaning of the picture a little too obvious.

PS. Anyone have an idea what the Phantasmagoria proto represents?-)
There's probably the ogre, and is that a tower/bridge...?
www.springbringer.com - Fantasy Comic Book World, Music etc!
www.springbringer.com/fantasya/ - Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/AD&D/SSI museum
Psychic
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Kenneth » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:02 am

Wow! Have to love the King's Quest III concept art, I really wished they used it as the final box art. And you have the Lost Vale!!! Wow! And Mount Drash!
Kenneth
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Psychic » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:17 am

No, I don't have the originals. I've studied lots of catalogs, ads, magazines and every now and then you find alternative covers in them. The pictures shown are scans from those. The early versions can often be very interesting.
The only one I have in high resolution is Space Quest 6 early cover in an A4 ad sheet printed by Sierra.

I too really like the early King's Quest 4 cover.
(At one time I thought the AGI-version had been released with that cover but unfortunately not so.)
www.springbringer.com - Fantasy Comic Book World, Music etc!
www.springbringer.com/fantasya/ - Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/AD&D/SSI museum
Psychic
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Postby Maxor127 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:57 pm

I remember seeing some of them in the Sierra catalogs. I like the King's Quest IV one and the Sorcerian one. Those are the ones I remember seeing in the catalogs too.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby Nobara » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:47 pm

Haha, woah, I never noticed the little dips in the top of the frame for the Conquests of Camelot box art before. That's a pretty great page. Thanks for sharing, Psychic!
Nobara
Dr. Brain's Hippocampus

Postby Xenon Explosion » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:22 pm

Yeah, that Conquests box blew my mind!! I thought it was strange when I looked at my copy but I just figured that they wanted it to look like a jagged rock... now the mystery is revealed!! Or is it?

Did they make the original "The Search For The Gral" to fit the rock, or did they draw the rock for the letters to fit into?? Chicken and the egg there... ;)

I like the bit about Sierra wanting to fit "quest" somewhere in the title... I think someone made fun of the obscure title of "The Colonel's BeQUEST" for that.

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Robin » Thu May 11, 2006 3:01 am

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Return to News