[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Yet another Drash

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Yet another Drash

Check here for any Sierra or site related news

Moderator: FesterBlatz

Yet another Drash

Postby bradvr4 » Thu May 13, 2004 6:45 pm

The power of Ebay shines again.

Sell one item for a boatload of money, and people start digging around in the attic to find more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Wait.. search some more in the attic, and whoa.. what is this?? Another Drash!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Hmm.. I haven't done any research yet on these, and their origins, but man I really want to start smelling a rat, I dunno it's probably just length of time since the Eyal Katz incident, but I am probably just paranoid.

I could just be smoking something, but the auction that has the title/card and instructions (the one by skunkhunter) did those type cards (reddish - cream) get packaged with the box release of Mt. Drash?? Those type were seperate baggie type releases, right? I get confused sometimes.. need to go to my collection and look how other games were packaged. All I am trying to say I guess is, did Drash come packaged in more than just the small on-line systems box based on what we see here?

-Brad
bradvr4
Roger's Broom Handle

Yet another Drash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Frans » Fri May 14, 2004 3:10 pm

Looks good to me. Though you might want to contact Ken Williams himself for more background information. I never heard about tapes released by Sierra myself. Not even Hackers mentions it.
Frans
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby FesterBlatz » Fri May 14, 2004 6:27 pm

Brad -

The only way Mt. Drash was released was in the SierraVenture box...

Inside the box was the tape in a case, the registration card and the instruction card that you see in skunkhunter's auction.
Hut of Brown, Now Sit Down!

FesterBlatz
Site Admin

Postby FesterBlatz » Fri May 14, 2004 6:29 pm

Oh and btw, the guy with the first auction is a complete idiot.

FesterBlatz
Site Admin

Postby Psychic » Sat May 15, 2004 8:05 am

www.springbringer.com - Fantasy Comic Book World, Music etc!
www.springbringer.com/fantasya/ - Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/AD&D/SSI museum
Psychic
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Postby Psychic » Mon May 24, 2004 12:21 pm

First Drash was pulled and the second one ended without meeting the reserve.

Reserve tends to drive certain amount of people off which is quite understandable.
But the price dropped a bit in any case from former loose cassette auctions once again.
And to regard this one was with manual.
Though it (probably) wasn't sold now.

BTW oddly Drash has SierraVision-logo manual where
the game is SierraVenture-series.
Maybe they couldn't make their mind which series it belonged to :)
(being mainly arcade but has [thin] RPG-elements).
(Well, they reused the cover art from Ultima I too for Drash too
and it's obvious and known that a lot of attention wasn't given for its production in any case.)

Do you know any other games that had this kind of odd mixture (Venture/Vision or similar)?
Psychic

Postby FesterBlatz » Tue May 25, 2004 10:03 pm

Yeah and since Ultima II was made before Sierra release Ultima I (and Drash for that matter) that artwork was actually recycled from the back of Ultima II!

FesterBlatz
Site Admin

Postby Psychic » Tue May 25, 2004 10:25 pm

Psychic

Return to News