[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Phantas I and II on XP will they work ?

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Phantas I and II on XP will they work ?

Discussion about the all other Sierra games

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby PtownBubba » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:35 pm

I want to dig out my old Phantas games, and play them again, Is there a secret recipe to make sure they work ok on xp 'puters ? Got GK-2 going so far, will the two Phnatas games play also ?
PtownBubba
Otto's Yo-Yo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Austin2359 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:40 pm

Always try dosbox. That's probably the first thing worth trying.
Austin2359
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby PtownBubba » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:49 pm

wow that was fast,,,,,, not familiar with dosbox,,,, is there a tutorial somewhere so I don't blow a hole in my WinXP ?

I got Beast Within running, unless it will lock up after disk 3,,,,,, have not tried the Phantas games yet on XP. I have also heard loder games do not get along with the newer video cards [ using an Nvidia 6800GT ]

Thanks for the fast help !!!!!!!
PtownBubba
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby HoodedStranger69 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:09 pm

Dos Box is fairly simple just follow the directions it prompts and always check the readme out to answer a few of your questions. If you know how to use an old dos system, then just mount your hardrive to it and it like being in the command prompt window of XP.

To Mount your hard drive in there enter the commnds in italics and it should look like this:
(This is assuming C:\ is your Hardrive replace with the applicable drive for the game)

Z:\>

Z:\>mount c c:\
Drive C is Mounted as local directory c:\

Z:\>c:

C:\>

There are also programs to help with the commands like D-Fend
(Insert something witty here)
HoodedStranger69
Keapon Laffin's Stock Boy

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:40 pm

I just did a normal install of Phantas I ,, got a error mesage with one of the "tests", ignored it and game plays,, a tad jerky once in a while but do-able.

PHANTAS

Postby delamite » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:42 am

delamite
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby 4th guy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:54 pm

4th guy
Graham's Feather

Return to All Other Games