[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - SCI Hoyle Card Game

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

SCI Hoyle Card Game

Discussion about the all other Sierra games

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

SCI Hoyle Card Game

Postby MusicallyInspired » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:55 pm

I remember long ago an SCI Hoyle Card game pack which would allow you to play a bunch of games like Old Maid etc and you could use all the Seirra characters as your man to play as. Anyone ever see that? I've looked for it but I only find the newer Hoyle games.
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

SCI Hoyle Card Game

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby LazyGal81 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:47 am

Yup, I do remember it. In fact, I had it (rather, my mom had it). Again, one of the games that was tossed.

Hmm, you're right, I'm only seeing the older ones....that's odd. I'll periodically look around for them.
"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."--Monkey Island 1

LazyGal81
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Robin » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:54 am

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Hoyle Games

Postby mxCoder » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:07 pm

mxCoder

Postby Johnathon » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:03 pm

I used to own the precise one you're talking about. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it again myself. Only stupid newer versions.
"Where there's a Wilco, there's a way!!!"
Johnathon
Rakeesh's Court Jester

Lost

Postby Games » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:51 am

"Crazy! Who's Crazy?"
I remember this line from the game.
Games

Postby tpoja » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:13 am

I have the Classic card game I think that is the one your taking about, many of the older games but can't get them to play on this computer and don't know why. I have just posted the question for help in the main. They are my favorite games. I have the board games to others but they these 2 are my favorites. tpoja
tpoja
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby MusicallyInspired » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:39 pm

Windows XP doesn't support DOS games. Not only are the computers too fast for it to run properly, Win XP no longer supports sound in DOS mode games as Microsoft has finally obliterated real DOS mode in Windows. You can't even boot up in it anymore. The solution to getting the games to work would be downloading either VDMSound or DOSBox (along with D-fend, if you don't like making all those commands in the DOS Prompt) to play the games properly. VDMSound enables sound in the DOS Prompt of Win XP and DOSBox emulates an old x86 computer.

BTW, I found a copy of the game in question. Brings back memories. Now I need to get the one with the VGA characters!
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Return to All Other Games