[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Phantasmagoria (thread 2)

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Phantasmagoria (thread 2)

Discussion about the all other Sierra games

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby QuestCollector » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:58 pm

I haven't played this game in years, and earlier this week I installed and played the whole way through. I made it to the end and could not believe how real the gore looked in this game. The death scenes were amazing. Sierra gets a two thumbs up with graphics on this one. The worst had to be the spirit monster ripping your face to shreds.
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Nobara » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:52 pm

Yay! I've been waiting for another Phantasmagoria thread to turn up. XD

It's probably my favorite game ever. I have no idea why I love it so much, but I do. ANYWAY, yeah, I love all of the ways Adrienne can die. And don't you mean, the BEST is when the demon rips her face apart? Hee.

Out of curiosity, way back in the day when this game came out, did anyone else have a heck of a time removing the bricks at the end of the first chapter? It didn't occur to me until a friend said something to look closer at the stupid cat statuette. I think I will probably remember the hintkeeper's clue, "Mortar is best removed with a narrow scraping implement" until I die, I listened to it so many times. Sheesh!

And by comparison, most of the other puzzles in the game were pretty simple. But I still love it. XD
Nobara
Dr. Brain's Hippocampus

Postby QuestCollector » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:57 pm

Yeah, I was stuck at that same part and ended up going to bed to think about it for the night. I figured it out fast the next day. and yes I do mean the monster pulling her face apart, that was unbelieveable and disgusting at the sime time.
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Robin » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:58 am

I never played any Phantasmagoria. I hear its good, Im not one for extreme puzzle games though.
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Johnny Westland » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:19 pm

I'm with you Robin. Never played. Same reason. However, I may pick it up in the future if I get curious enough.
Johnny Westland
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby Tarantula » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:59 am

Tarantula
Dr. Brain's Hippocampus

Return to All Other Games