[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Thexder

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Thexder

Discussion about the all other Sierra games

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Thexder

Postby QuestCollector » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:10 pm

I used to play this game when I was very young, and do not remember it well. I have two copies now but have not played them. I was wondering if someone could tell me about the game, I remember it being hard and when you would shoot your life/energy would slowly drain.
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Thexder

Sponsor

Sponsor

Thexder quearies...!

Postby zmeyka » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:22 pm

One of the best arcade type games for the computer I've ever played...!

Thexder was a super robot-jet (meaning it could be a robot that transforms into a jet) that would fly in either caves, ship stronghold, that would fight ennemies (some that would give ennergie and some that would drain you...!)

Ennemie types were called like - Stationary Baffins (looks like a yellow hamburger with two red circles as a patty), Bolens (fireballs), Yugosogies (looked like little pacmens), some spider looking droids, and blocks that have red balls in the middle (in fact, ALL the ennemies had red balls on them),etc.....

There was 16 levels, the first four were in a ship strong hold, levels 5 to 7 were in a red cave, 8-15 were in maze-like strong holds were you could easily get lost, and level 16 (if anyone was lucky enough to reach it!) was the main generator that you had to destroy.

The problem was, if you were low on ennergie when you reach the 16th level, your (poop) out of luck because there were no ennergy givers there, and it took most of your ennergie to destroy...!

When you destroyed the last generator, you started the whole 16 levels again but at level 2...!

Some of the ennemies where hidden, which were fun, because you could fire, and each ennemie was heat seakers, so when you fired, it seeked out ennemies, and if you fired at walls, if you saw that your laser was firing at something, you knew you stumbled on some hidden ennergie givers...!

The game was fantastic, and I still play it at times (on my old Tandy 1000 HX computer with the 5 1/2 floppies!).

You asked what the game was, I gave you a nifty description...!
Luke you knob, I'm your father, give into the force!
zmeyka
Manannan's House Maid

Thexder

Postby glenvdb » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:39 pm

glenvdb
Otto's Yo-Yo

Return to All Other Games