[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Gold Rush

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Gold Rush

Discussion about the all other Sierra games

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Gold Rush

Postby Maxor127 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:02 am

I played and won Gold Rush. I chose the Panama Canal route. The game would've been A LOT better if it didn't have the tedious walking and searching for gold. It's probably optional, but it's extremely boring. It's almost as bad as training in QFG and at least in that game you had the reward of being more skilled. For some reason training never really bothered me. One of my favorite ways was in QFG1, I was usually some sort of hybrid fighter/magic-user/thief because I had all of the skills. I'd play Erasmus' game into the night and raked in the castle at night time. And any spare time I had was spent throwing rocks over and over and over and over. I'd fight the guy in the courtyard and the group of hiding goblins in the bushes to raise my weapon use and dodging (I usually never parried). Damn that was a good game. Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be talking about Gold Rush! I didn't like it much except for maybe the graphics and some of the scenes and it put to use the larger more detailed AGI sprites that I think I've only seen in KQ4 before that. But it could've used a lot more history and fleshed out the routes A LOT MORE. I think Panama was only 3 or 4 linear screens. Some more conflict would've been good. I felt like a tourist more than a vulnerable traveler.

I want to see some completely new QFG games or something completely new like a mystery game or detective game.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Gold Rush

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Kenneth » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:42 pm

Kenneth
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Robin » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:34 am

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Return to All Other Games