[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - KQ5 Labyrinth

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

KQ5 Labyrinth

Can't find the magic sword to melt the wizard? Ask here!

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

KQ5 Labyrinth

Postby Mielikki » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:09 pm

I absolutely hate this part of the game the most. GAHCK! I just fell into the hole and now I need to know where to go next to find Dink, and after that where I need to go to get to the door. Also nobody mention GameFaqs I tried that already but the map just confused me more.
Mielikki
Otto's Yo-Yo

KQ5 Labyrinth

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Maxor127 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:07 pm

I think he appears in different possible places. I saw a map for it somewhere. Nothing on gamefaqs.com? I grew up playing games like Blacksilver or the SSI games, so I'm used to mazes. I never liked mazes in games though. Just tedious.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby MusicallyInspired » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:21 pm

The labyrinth maze in KQ5 is one of the most confusing ever to be in a Sierra game. But it's not incredibly difficult when you have the map.

Have you tried this?

"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby QuestCollector » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:54 pm

I always hated that place as well.

I do know that there is a way to get a compass on the screen but do not remember how to do it.
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Spike » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:11 pm

I completely disagree, the KQ5 maze is probably the easiest such maze in Sierra games. Should take all of 2 minutes for the average person to solve it.

Compare that to say, the Kyrandia 1 maze or the KQ5 desert one..

- Spike
Spike
Jesse Bains's Protege

Postby Austin2359 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:34 pm

The labrynth was fun, it was intersting, but I didn't find it particularly difficult.
Austin2359
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby MusicallyInspired » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:39 pm

The thing that seperates it from other Sierra et al mazes is that when you go left it just doesn't shift the screen one room to the left it changes the point of view to that direction as well. So instead of north always being up, north can also be right if you go one screen to the left. That was a little confusing for me.

Of course being in an enclosed space always makes things easier than such wide open mazes as KQ5's desert, COC's desert (which shifts compass positions), etc. KQ6's catacombs were also not too bad. As well as SQ5's jeffrey's tubes (is that actually how it's spelled? I don't know).
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Spike » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:12 am

Well said- SQ5's maze is infinitely harder, and the Camelot one wasn't easy either.

KQ5's one is enclosed, and I don't think you can die at any of the places either.

- Spike
Spike
Jesse Bains's Protege

Postby Austin2359 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:22 pm

Austin2359
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Mielikki » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:23 pm

Mielikki
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Alex Bark » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:31 am

Alex Bark
Manannan's House Maid

Postby MusicallyInspired » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:23 am

-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Spike » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:59 pm

Spike
Jesse Bains's Protege

Postby MusicallyInspired » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:11 pm

-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Maxor127 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:25 am

Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Next

Return to Help! I'm Stuck!