[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - sq5 errors?

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

sq5 errors?

Can't find the magic sword to melt the wizard? Ask here!

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

sq5 errors?

Postby Smoosh » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:23 pm

Just after getting Wilco's test results, there is a sequence. In the middle of the animation, a message pops up saying I did something they didn't expect. Error 5.

I've installed the patches from http://www.geocities.com/belzorash/ and http://www.spacequest.net/sq5/fixes/ but neither helped.

Does anyone know how I can fix the error?
Smoosh

sq5 errors?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Smoosh » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:33 pm

Screenie:

Smoosh

wilco.vroomfondel@gmail.com

Postby Vroom » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:52 pm

I'm not an expert with this, although I've had my share of problems similar to this. Have you tried running it with DosBox?

-Vroom
Vroom

Postby Smoosh » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:03 pm

Yup. I tried it with DosBox and without. I also tried restarting the game, but- The same thing keeps happening.
Smoosh

Postby 4th guy » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:05 pm

Maybe a bad version or missing files? What version are you running? (Open the file Version with notepad)
4th guy
Graham's Feather

Postby Smoosh » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:08 am

Version 1.03
Smoosh

Postby Johnathon » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:43 am

Try getting version 1.04 before you add newrisingsun's patches. I'm pretty sure that's what the problem is.
"Where there's a Wilco, there's a way!!!"
Johnathon
Rakeesh's Court Jester

Postby Smoosh » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:18 am

Hum. I'll try to do that. Although, I was getting that error even before I installed the patches. D:
Smoosh

Postby Johnathon » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:57 am

But you were still using version 1.03 of the game even before you installed the patches, right?

If so, it's probably just a bug with the game version 1.03 itself, and nothing significant to do with the patches.

If my memory serves me, this is typical of version 1.03. I believe Sierra came out with it's own patches to help fix the problems, that is, before version 1.04 was released with the SQ Collection.

I believe there are a number of other bugs that you would run into with version 1.03, even if you were to say somehow get around your current problem.

In short, Version 1.04 of the game is certainly the one to have.
Johnathon
Rakeesh's Court Jester

Postby Smoosh » Mon May 01, 2006 4:21 am

Smoosh

Postby Johnathon » Mon May 01, 2006 10:58 am

Johnathon
Rakeesh's Court Jester

Return to Help! I'm Stuck!