[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Parser Horror!

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Parser Horror!

Can't find the magic sword to melt the wizard? Ask here!

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Parser Horror!

Postby Blahdiedadie » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:08 pm

Blahdiedadie
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Parser Horror!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby yellowboy » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:58 am

my worst was "dive" in kq1...i tried dive down, dive underwater, go underwater, etc but plain dive was what they needed
yellowboy
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Robin » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:16 pm

mine was in Space Quest 1 EGA getting into the purple ship before the end! LOL :lol:
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Psychic » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:19 pm

"Rumplestiltskin" backwards has probably been the worst :)
From KQ1 AGI.
And it wasn't just straight backwards - nope, one had
to count letters backwards from the alphabets,
so the word was something like "IOFKNYOHOGOAFDHIMUMBOJUMBO"...

There have been many other "guess a word"-marathons too, but that's probably most memorable.
www.springbringer.com - Fantasy Comic Book World, Music etc!
www.springbringer.com/fantasya/ - Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/AD&D/SSI museum
Psychic

Postby Blahdiedadie » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:22 pm

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
Blahdiedadie

Postby Psychic » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:06 am

www.springbringer.com - Fantasy Comic Book World, Music etc!
www.springbringer.com/fantasya/ - Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/AD&D/SSI museum
Psychic

Postby BoosTDIt » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:00 pm

~~~~~~~ _\___
~SMOKEE~~/ - - \___
~~~~~~~=\(@)_(@)/
BoosTDIt
Dr. Nonookie's Insurance Agent

Postby KeronaAle » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:09 am

KeronaAle
Saurus Herder

Postby King Graham » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:58 am

King Graham
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby faeornran » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:35 am

faeornran
Saurus Herder

Postby Maxor127 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:17 am

I really hated Rumplestiltskin. I was probably only 6 or 7 when I was playing that game too and I should've been rewarded for even being able to spell Rumplestiltskin. It wasn't until yesterday that I learned about the backwards thing. I always thought I was just spelling the name wrong or that there was no correct answer.

I'd also have to say the sobriety test in Police Quest was one of the hardest. Police Quest had a few like that. I remember actually not having trouble with the test the first time until I replayed the game again and couldn't think of the right way to say what I wanted to do. The commands I had trouble with were for calling Morgan from the hotel and looking in your basket in the NARC office to find out about Hotel Delphoria. But I'd take those problems over the crappiness of Police Quest VGA any day.

King's Quest III spells were hard too because the font was so difficult to read, but I still liked it.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby KeronaAle » Fri May 27, 2005 2:59 pm

By Grapthar's Hammer,

You shall be avenged.
KeronaAle
Saurus Herder

Return to Help! I'm Stuck!