[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - KQV Mac audio trouble

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

KQV Mac audio trouble

Help getting these games running on your current computer

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

KQV Mac audio trouble

Postby Daventry peasant » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:38 am

Hello. I'm running Mac OS 10.2. I downloaded the mac version of KQV from Macintosh Garden, and it's running fine in Classic, but I'm having sound trouble.

If I install it using SoundDriver.drv ("native sound capability"), it sounds all buzzy and horrible. If I install it with MT32Driver.drv (Roland MT-32), there is no sound at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Daventry peasant

KQV Mac audio trouble

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 4th guy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:23 am

Why don't you try downloading the dos version and use dosbox?
4th guy
Graham's Feather

Postby Maxor127 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:01 pm

I played the Mac version but I don't remember what the sound options were. Native is probably what you should be using, but since you're running Classic, it isn't emulating good. These games always had sound problems once PPC and System 8 came out. It would be nice if someone could patch these games to work on newer computers. You'll probably either have to get a DOS version and run it on DosBox or download Basilisk II or some other Mac emulator and run it on there. Or, if you have an older Mac that has both System 9 and X dual installed, you could try loading directly into System 9, and it might give you better results. You still might need to download a speed utility to slow the game down since some areas of Sierra games are timed based on your processor speed. I had to slow Gabriel Knight down with G3 Throttle (I think it was called that) because the part where you have to sneak past the cop at the front desk was going too fast. So, downloading DosBox or Basilisk is your best bet.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby 4th guy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:33 pm

Or just get the timer fixes
4th guy
Graham's Feather

Return to Installation Issues