[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Sierra Front-End for DOSBox?

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Sierra Front-End for DOSBox?

Help getting these games running on your current computer

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Blahdiedadie » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:17 pm

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
Blahdiedadie
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Robin » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:10 pm

Why not learn something useful in your spare time? Like take soe tutorials on art work, or learn AGS. :lol:

Honestly I think that idea is a waste of time, but thats just me. :wink:

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby QuestCollector » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:33 pm

Ouch man that was harsh...

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but if it is what I think it is, I think its a great idea. Dosbox needs some art
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby King Graham » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:44 pm

Sounds like a fine idea. It might reduce the amount of questions that we have to answer here. 8)
King Graham
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Blahdiedadie » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:51 am

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
Blahdiedadie
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Postby Johnny Westland » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:07 am

Blahdiedadie - I think it's a great idea. It would be very helpful to those that play old games like us, and if it interests you, you would be the perfect person to do it. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Let us know if you pursue it.
Johnny Westland
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:00 pm

It sounds kinda neat to make a Sierra-specific frontend, but I don't think a lot of people would use it, because a lot of people who are ignorant in the ways of DosBox (like me :wink:) probably already have D-Fend, a Windows frontend for DosBox.

It can be found here --

Postby Johnny Westland » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:43 pm

Wow, D-Fend looks pretty cool. Any members have any experience with it? I'm always a little hesitant to load these programs on my new computer (since some bad programs screwed up my old computer).
Johnny Westland

Postby QuestCollector » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:07 pm

That is a great idea blahdiedadie. I hate having to configure dosbox everytime I get on it. If you ever do this, do me a favor and find a way so that you don't have to set your CD-ROM drive anymore, I know it only takes a few seconds to type, but it gets old and I forget sometimes and have to restart to get speech and sfx.
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Robin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Go for it Blahdiedadie, Good luck with that. :wink:

It was just an idea I didn't mean to be harsh.
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Nobara » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:02 pm

Johnny Westland, I've had really good experiences with D-Fend so far. In fact, I was the guest that posted the link above. I didn't realize that I wasn't signed in. Oh, phpBB, why are you always trying to make me look bad? XD

Anyway, it's pretty neat, VERY easy to use, since you can save all of your profiles, and if you are super-nerdy, like me, you can load and use all of the actual icons from the games for each profile. Witness! --

It hasn't caused any problems on my computer... At least, not yet, but I have been running version 2 frequently and successfully for several months now. You just have to run it with DosBox...version .62, I think? Actually, when you open D-Fend, it runs DosBox so you don't have to deal with it at all, yay! Also, all of the old Sierra games I play run fine just on the presets in the Profile Wizard thing, so it's super easy.

And before anyone asks, I am in no way affiliated with the guy who made D-Fend, so I'm not trying to hype it up or push it on people. Just trying to help out my fellow Sierra enthusiasts. :wink:
Nobara
Dr. Brain's Hippocampus

Postby King Graham » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:17 pm

Thanks for the helpful screenshot. Sounds like it's really a very useful program. Thanks for sharing!
King Graham
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Johnny Westland » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:27 pm

Johnny Westland

Postby Nobara » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:24 am

Nobara
Dr. Brain's Hippocampus

Postby Johnny Westland » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:03 am

Johnny Westland

Next