[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Sierra Newsletter - Interaction Magazines

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Sierra Newsletter - Interaction Magazines

List the Sierra games you have for Sale or Trade here

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Earl » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:28 pm

I have been a "collector" of pc games and such for many years. I believe "pack rat" might be a more appropriate description. I have saved all of the pc games I have purchased since the mid 80's, some 200+ titles, complete in the boxes with all the materials. That includes 49 Sierra titles plus a few Dynamix. Kings Quest was the first game I ever bought, for my Tandy 1000, making me a Sierra fan from the beginning of my pc career.

At this point I do not want to sell any of the games but I do have a collection of the Sierra magazines that I would like see find a good home. I have 29 issues, starting with the Spring 1988 Sierra Newsletter:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/ ... Spring.jpg

and ending with the Holiday 1997 issue of Interaction:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/ ... oliday.jpg

I have never bought or sold anything on ebay and don't wish to start now. I don't rightly know what a collection like this might be worth. At most, I have seen one magazine here or there being offered and doubt there are many sets this complete around to be acquired.

It does provide a wonderful insight into the history of Sierra games as well as the ads providing a history of the development of the gaming industry. There are fold-out posters and 100's of pages of game info.

I have scanned all the covers and have them in a zipped folder that is about 7mb and would be happy to send it to anyone interested if you pm me with your email.

I had fun scanning them and just looking at the covers is fun. I will not sell individual issues and would like someone to make an offer for all 29 magazines.

Earl

btw my avatar image is of Earl in the INN online version of The Shadows of Yserbius. For people interested in that game, you might check out
Earl
Otto's Yo-Yo

Sponsor

Sponsor

hi

Postby jeffcowe » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:35 pm

jeffcowe
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Robin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:53 am

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby MikEBorG » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm

"Where there's a Wilco, there's a way!!!"
MikEBorG
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Earl » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:32 pm

Earl
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby MikEBorG » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:11 pm

"Where there's a Wilco, there's a way!!!"
MikEBorG