[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Introduce Yourself Thread! - For the new & old.

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Introduce Yourself Thread! - For the new & old.

Place to to discuss what's on your mind (not relating to Sierra)

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby MusicallyInspired » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:29 pm

My name's Brandon Blume. Long time Sierra lover (I learned to read and spell by playing SQ2 and the like!). I was involved in a fan project to recreate KQ3 in AGS by making the soundtrack. But the project was cancelled and all that remains is the introduction demo we released (which is still available at in the King's Quest section).

I'm currently creating a soundtrack for a complete adventure game set in somewhat-midevil times with wizards, knights, etc. But that's all I can say as the team wants to keep the project a secret. But it's nearing completion and you'll all hear about it once it's done.

Of all the Sierra forums I visit AGDI, Infamous Adventures, Quest Studios, Sierra Music Central and here.

I'm 21 and I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I've collected almost every single Sierra game over the years (in original boxes, or otherwise, ie- cd case-only bargain bin items etc) and my collection is almost finished. I also have all of the Lucasarts adventures (unless there's more I don't know of). So I'm no noob to Sierra as I've been playing them since I was 5 or 6 years old.

I'd like to one day get a job creating soundtracks for graphic adventure games for a living.

My website:
http://brandonblume.commerceculture.co.uk/
(I think I have this URL in my signature but I don't remember so here it is anyway)
On this site I do a lot of covers and remixes (some are of Sierra games), but mostly I post my own instrumental explorations. Check it out if you are so inclined.
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Spike » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:12 pm

As ironic as it is to reply to this thread started by a notorious troll (Spong aka SQman aka Mind aka lots of other names), I'll introduce myself.

I'm Alistair Gillett, a long time Sierra fan.

I actually grew up on mainly old Apogee games, but was also exposed to "edutainment" games such as Dr. Brain, The Incredible Machine and Mixed-Up Fairy Tales at a young age.

Later in my life I wanted to revisit SIerra classics so around 2000 I started playing Leisure Suit Larry and Quest for Glory. I soon after got into SQ, PQ, KQ and Dynamix and the rest is history -I've played just about every Sierra game ever made today.

In 2001 I joined the SQ community and in mid 2002 I started my website "Sierra Music Central" (link in my sig), which in my mind is torn between being a viable alternative to QuestStudios or just a gap-filler for the soundtracks they can't be bothered recording. We'll see in the future, I guess.

My place in the community has been more or less in limbo since the SQ community went into meltdown last year. Word of mouth is how people spread the word about Sierra sites, so because I have no intention of posting at AGDI, KQ9.org, or other such poor forums noone will visit my site.

I'm also at a loss at what to do about the Space Quest community, my beloved corner of the Sierra community which is currently leaderless.

I think the Sierra community in a wider sense is kind of headless too. We have the KQ-headless chickens (aka KQ9.org) in one corner, the AGDI fanboys/girls in another, random fanboards in yet another and a sort of QFG community in the other, with no real viable others to speak of. I wonder where that's going to leave us, in the days of Magna Cum Laude, King's Quest 9 scandals, fangames which never get released, Joe Wilco's Quadrant G6 and Vivendi threatening shutdowns and rereleases alternately.

But- the future reveals all!

Hopefully this forum will be a fun place to check out and talk about Sierra.

Regards,
- Alistair (Spike)
Spike
Jesse Bains's Protege

Postby Robin » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:36 am

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby mxCoder » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:48 am

mxCoder

Postby Tseki » Thu May 25, 2006 9:50 am

Name: Tseki / Jarkko
Picture:
Favorite movies: Das Boot, Terminator 2, Back to the Future ETC.
Music: Astral Projection, Electric Universe, Man With No Name ETC.
Collects: Sierra, LucasArts(LucasFilm), Origin, iD Software ETC.
Homepage:
Work: Computers
Drives: Renault Clio -99
Tseki
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Postby Celeste » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:05 pm

Hi Everybody. Let me introduce myself:

Name: Celéste
Sex: F
Work: Analyst Programmer
Favorite Sierra Games: Kings Quest 3 and 5 (I just love Gwydian)
Favorite Non-Sierra Games: The Elder Scrolls. (I am busy finishing Daggerfall – playing it for the 5th time. Last year finished Morrowind.)
Favorites TV Series: Don’t care much for TV.
Favorite Movies: Angela’s Ashes, Donny Darko, Underworld
Favorite Music: Def Leppard, Limp Bizkit, Metallica, Rammstein, Seether
Currently Playing: The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall (by Bethesda Softworks)
Currently Reading: Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East
Car: VW Jetta
Hobby: I am also a Jeweller.
Celeste
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby gasoline » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:36 am

"diplomatic immunity!"
gasoline
Manannan's House Maid

Postby Spong » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:43 pm

If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Postby gasoline » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:25 am

gasoline
Manannan's House Maid

Postby LazyGal81 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:59 am

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."--Monkey Island 1

LazyGal81
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Maxor127 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:40 am

Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby LazyGal81 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:12 pm

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."--Monkey Island 1

LazyGal81
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Celeste » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:37 pm

The plot behind the Legal Weapon 2 movie is all wrong. Krugerrands is not South African currency. The Rand is. Krugerrands are solid gold coins with the picture of Paul Kruger (elected as president of the Republic of South Africa in 1883) on it. It’s a collector’s item.

Anyway…

There are lots of other things you can quote about South Africa:
1) Nelson Mandela (one of the greatest moral and political leaders of our time)
2) JRR Tolkien (Lord of the Rings) was born and raised here
3) Charlize Theron was born and raised here
4) Gandhiji was quoted as saying he was born in India but made in South Africa.

Have I mentioned that I am proudly South African?
:D
Don't fool yourself into thinking that someone else is determining your destiny. What happens from this moment on is entirely up to you.
Celeste
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby Celeste » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:52 pm

I forgot to mention, my previous entry was for Gasoline (on the links he posted re South Africa).
Celeste
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby Spike » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:59 am

Lol, not to be too controversial, but you could also say, if you were to be an honest patriot, that apartheid is something else you could think of about South Africa.

- Spike
Spike
Jesse Bains's Protege

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Sierra Topics