[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Random Rants Thread.

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Random Rants Thread.

Place to to discuss what's on your mind (not relating to Sierra)

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Kenneth » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:15 pm

Kenneth
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Kenneth » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:21 pm

Last edited by Kenneth on Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenneth

Postby Austin2359 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:12 pm

Gui p*sses me off. It makes it easier on the user but harder on the programmer. I think there is some inverse rule I'm discovering. The easier a program is for a user to use, the harder it was for the programmer to make.

LONG LIVE DOS!
Austin2359

Postby Kenneth » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:22 pm

DOS is so easy to use. I don't know why people find it hard.
Kenneth

Postby QuestCollector » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:28 pm

May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Austin2359 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:32 pm

Austin2359

Postby Maxor127 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:04 am

I never studied either except for the day before the test, unless I was really scared about it, then I'd give myself a tiny bit of extra time... and i did my papers at the last minute too... i'm the worst procrastinator... one was a 12 page paper on two books i never really read but i had a slight understanding of them... i came up with my idea and thesis and the 12 pages plus more all that night... kind of stressful living on the edge like that, but oh well... i skipped about half my classes though if i could help it... skipped at least 3 for every class and one class i definitely know i skipped at least half and i still got a A or B, but it was a really really easy class... getting a good professor makes all the difference... some classes have more than one professor teaching the same class and it's all about picking the easy one or at least the interesting one... the only thing that really messed me up in college was having a computer and 24/7 internet connection provided by the college... it's EXTREMELY distracting when you're trying to type a paper and you have things like AIM or P2P on or you just have an urge to check something out... also, i can't imagine sharing a dorm room with a roommate... that would drive me crazy... if you live close and are commuting it makes things easier since you basically living the care-free life when you're away living on campus

i tried learning programming but just couldn't get into it... i blame a horrible book, fake language, and dull professor for it... it's one of those things where i need to go at my own pace, so i'd rather teach myself... and i'm more creative than logical, so i really haven't bothered much with it except for css and html which i basically taught myself... i like things like neverwinter nights toolset where i can take a tutorial and tinker around and know what i can expect to create so i can wrap my ideas around it to fit its style... i've been meaning to play with neverwinter nights toolset but i just haven't had the free time... i haven't even played the actual game yet... and the stuff i did learn from the tutorial has probably been forgotten by now
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby Austin2359 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:37 pm

My rant of the day. I am interested in politics, so I watched the old Reagan-Mondale debate online. I am just depressed the way the two candidates actually sounded intelligent in past but now it seems it is just a game of special interests and no-one really cares about doing a good job.
Austin2359

Postby Maxor127 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:16 pm

I'm anti-politics. The only politics I see are on the Daily Show, and sadly it's probably the most informative place for that sort of thing.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby Austin2359 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:46 pm

John Stewart can be funny sometimes too.
Austin2359

Postby Robin » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:06 am

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Robin » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:07 pm

Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Kenneth » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:17 pm

Kenneth

Postby Robin » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:39 pm

Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby QuestCollector » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:25 pm

May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Sierra Topics