[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - I am Back :D

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

I am Back :D

Place to to discuss what's on your mind (not relating to Sierra)

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Spong » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:28 am

Hey Guys I just want to say that Iam back and I hope to see you guys more on here.
If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Tseki » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:36 am

Great :) Welcome back man.
Tseki
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Postby Spike » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:38 pm

Spike
Jesse Bains's Protege

Postby QuestCollector » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:24 pm

May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Tseki » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:53 am

Tseki
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Postby Spike » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:04 am

Mistaken post- deleted
Last edited by Spike on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spike
Jesse Bains's Protege

Postby QuestCollector » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:20 pm

Yeah, I'm really sure that he is trying to ruin every Sierra forum left on the net :roll: I mean comeon Spike, how many of us are there left?

And don't call him an idiot unless you really know who he is. I do know him a little better than some people here do, and he really is a good guy and means well. He may not be the best poster on a forum, but his purpose for being here is that he loves Sierra games. (Just like the rest of us)

And if his posting bothers you so much, just don't pay any attention to it at all. Its that easy.
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Johnathon » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:48 pm

(Sigh...) I knew the day would come when I would say this. I'd hoped I wouldn't have to, but here is the opportunity, forgive me for jumping on it.

Alistair, I have to agree with Questcollector for the most part, and I'll tell you why.

Well, actually, I'd feel bad if I did, so I'll tell you more detail in a pm, if you even care what I think about it.

But the fact is, and I can guarantee you, I'm afraid you credit this fellow for more deliberate mischeif than he is capable of. Some people are just not on "our level," Spike, and that's something that takes charity and maturity to deal with. I have personally been feeling a bit torn in two since it became somewhat my responsibility at my place.

I agree perfectly with you in one respect. I'm sure it could drive away many potential posters, and at first glance, most people are going to assume it's some troll looking for attention. I mean, we all come here to enjoy ourselves, right; and it's not "our" responsibility to look into the minds and lives of every individual.

This is the main reason if my forum was more busy, I'd actually be erasing a great deal of posts, but it's not, so fortunately, it's not a big deal there.

I can't even offer a solution, for places like this. All I can say is, something inside me just doesn't feel right about "not-accepting" him, amongst other cold things. I'd be less vague here, but I won't hurt his feelings. Wait for my pm.

EDIT: Welcome back, Spong. Nobody means to misunderstand you. I personally think you're a cool guy. :wink:
"Where there's a Wilco, there's a way!!!"
Johnathon
Rakeesh's Court Jester

Postby Spike » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:21 am

It has come to my attention certain facts, and therefore I deleted my second, more offensive post and would like to apologise to all concerned.

The advice I had, and opinion I had formed on the basis of, was that Spong was a copycat version of a well-known Sierra community troll. However this is incorrect, while Spong's posting style resembles that of aforementioned-troll, they are clearly not one and the same.

It is not the case, as some have assumed, that I assumed Spong to be a troll purely based on his posting style. He has accounts at various Sierra forums and as mentioned before, resembles eerily a former troll, which led me (and others) to believe he had resurfaced. However this is not the case.

So I apologise, that was a big mistake on my part. While I think it could have been made clear by the original poster (QuestCollector) to me, and solved quickly, rather than this roundabout affair, I nevertheless understand now, and thank both of you guys for it.

- Spike
Spike
Jesse Bains's Protege

Postby Spong » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:49 am

If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Return to Non-Sierra Topics