[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Other Favorites

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Other Favorites

Place to to discuss what's on your mind (not relating to Sierra)

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Other Favorites

Postby King Graham » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:38 am

So other than Sierra and Lucas Arts games, what other classic computer games did you enjoy? How about anything 1996 and earlier?

I rather enjoyed:

Battle Chess
Chuck Yeager's Air Combat
Command & Conquer
F-15 Strike Eagle III
Flashback
Master of Orion II
MechWarrior II
MechWarrior II: Mercenaries
Out of this World (Another World)
Pirates! Gold
Prince of Persia
Privateer (Wing Commander)
Red Alert
Sim City
Syndicate
Wing Commander 1-4
X-COM: UFO Defense (Enemy Unknown)

What did you enjoy? :)
King Graham
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Other Favorites

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Blahdiedadie » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:31 am

There's already a topic about this subject: http://www.vintage-sierra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
Blahdiedadie
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Postby Robin » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:33 am

I was just about to do that. You beat me to it. :wink:
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby WanderLady » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:59 am

Well, I also was going to post the same, but I did not wish to take the luster from the King's post. I don't mind sharing again; I just worry about the bandwidth.

The Neverhood -- One of the very few games to have made me laugh out loud. It's a good game guaranteed to cheer one up everytime.
Flight of the Amazon Queen -- Often compared to Monkey Island, however I do not see it. This game is better IMO.
Toejam and Earl -- Not PC, but anytime a game list comes up, I must put it. For the Genesis console...just a fun, fun game
Dragonsphere -- Fantasy, King's of old, chivalry...stuff I like...
Clowns and Balloons -- Simple game...Clown climbs a ladder, jumps off onto a trampoline, manuevered by two other clowns(you), in order to pop balloons floating across the top of the screen. Progressively gets harder. Good Old Game.
**Beneath a Steel Sky -- Have yet to finish, but am enjoying it enough so far to put it on the list.**

A lot of games I have enjoyed; some I would like to put down, but I can't think of them other than just a good play. These are the goodies.
Last edited by WanderLady on Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WanderLady
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby QuestCollector » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:24 pm

Wing Commander 3
Castlevania (any)
Contra
Cyberia (pc)

Cant think of any others but I will
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby King Graham » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:10 pm

Yeah, sorry about that. I completely forgot to mention why I started this new thread. The difference is that no Lucas Arts games are allowed. I wanted to take out the majority of the adventure games, in an effort to force alternate games onto the list. If you check the last thread, started in Feb 24th, many people listed Lucas Arts games thorough their picks.

One thread may drain a little bandwidth to read but they barely take up space. We've been really quiet here the last few days anyways.

Last edited by King Graham on Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Graham

Postby Kitwalker » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:05 pm

Railroad Tycoon
Civilization - 1, II and III
KitWalker
Phantom Scion/Brigand Killer/WIT Grad

"...then cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war."
Kitwalker
Keapon Laffin's Stock Boy

Postby redruM » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:00 am

Kay, these are my favorite non-sierra or lucasarts adventures - including some that arepost-1996, sorry!

The Longest Journey
Syberia 1 and 2
Black Dahlia
Ceremony of Innocence
Riddle of Master Lu
Harvester
The Neverhood Chronicles (That's the full name, though nobody ever uses it...)
KQ2VGA (NOT sierra, the AGS remake. ;) )
Lands of Lore I
"I think you're the f*****g antichrist."
--Donnie Darko
redruM
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby Blahdiedadie » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:59 pm

Ok then, here's my list in no particular order:

Future Wars
Rex Nebular
Another World/Out of this World
Dune
Flashback
Prince of Persia
Street Rod
Stunts
Grand Prix (don't know the exact title, it's by Accolade)
Captain Comic
Railroad Tycoon
Simcity
Crime Wave
Legend of Kyrandia: Hand of Fate
Tetris
Super Mario Brothers
Commander Keen

There are probably a lot of games that I have forgotten... I should really check all those hundreds of 5.25" disks that I have in the attic, there are probably quite some forgotten treasures there...
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
Blahdiedadie

Postby MusicallyInspired » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:25 pm

Let's see here. I'm assuming all these are 96 and earlier:

Star Trek 25th Anniversary
Star Trek Judgement Rites
Star Trek TNG A Final Unity
Return To Zork
Duke Nukem (first 2)
Alien Carnage (aka Halloween Harry)
Commander Keen
Myst
Prisoner Of Ice
Kyrandia (I only have the 3rd game tho)
Dragonsphere
Phantom of the Opera
Alone in the Dark 3
Blackthorne
Warcraft 2
Wolfenstien 3D
Blake Stone
Hocus Pocus
Relentless
Battle Chess
Descent 1 & 2
Dragon's Lair
Secret Agent
Crystal Caves
The Lemmings series
System Shock
pretty much all the Apogee games :) They ruled

Must be more but that's all I can think of.
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby King Graham » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:11 am

King Graham

Postby Rakeesh » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:19 am

Rakeesh
Keapon Laffin's Stock Boy

Postby Tseki » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:03 pm

Tseki