[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Newbie Alert!

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Newbie Alert!

Place to to discuss what's on your mind (not relating to Sierra)

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Newbie Alert!

Postby killjoy » Fri May 20, 2005 2:29 am

Arrighty, so I see a couple of other "Hi, I'm new and I'm an alcoholic." threads here so I figure I'll throw my hat into the ring as well. :)

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I don't bite (much) and I'm generally friendly (even when I'm biting), I was raised on Sierra games, playing them on my wicked bad Tandy1000SL.

I'm 28 years old, married (I married my gamer girl), and live in South Carolina USA.

I think it's a shame that Sierra is effectively "No More", I felt a twinge deep in my heart when Ken Williams sold the company to Cendant, even though he did get an ungodly sum of cash for it, I read a thing he said back when he sold the company about Adventure Games, or at least the market for them being dead, which I can't say I agree with at all.

I thought it was particularly sad because Sierra was, at least from what I understood, a family and friends operation... You knew the people making the games, Ken and Roberta Williams, Al Lowe, Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe, Jim Walls... we knew their names, and I honestly believe they (and the other people behind the scenes) poured their hearts into making those games.

Most of the gaming that I do on the PC is retro gaming, playing old copies of Space Quest, Full Throttle, Monkeys Island etc. So you can imagine how pleased I was to find vintage-sierra.com. :) I dig that there actually old-school gamers, and new people still enjoying these games for their first go-around.

Oh, and speaking of Space Quest, it's my favorite Sierra series, followed closely by Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest, Laura Bow, and Manhunter, in that particular order. :)

Never got into King's Quest, well I should say rather, that I haven't *yet*...

Ohm, and that's about it. :) Hi.
killjoy
Roger's Broom Handle

Newbie Alert!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 4th guy » Sat May 21, 2005 1:10 am

Hey there! Allow me to be the first to welcome you to these forums :) . It's always great to see new faces (or new posters :lol: !)
I see that you are also a Space Quest fan, if you have some time drop by at
4th guy
Graham's Feather

Re: Newbie Alert!

Postby catharton » Sat May 21, 2005 3:30 am

catharton
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby Robin » Sun May 22, 2005 9:09 am

Welcome to the Forum. :wink:
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Grand Dad » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:05 pm

Welcome and be happy!

You forgot the two greatest names in Sierra: Lori Ann Cole & Cory Cole ---but then could be you haven't play Sierra's greatest series The Quest for Glory! :lol:

Happy Questing!
TRUTH is most beautiful when naked while adversity is the straightest path to TRUTH. The soil moist with tears best sprouts the seeds of TRUTH!
Grand Dad
Jesse Bains's Protege

Postby Johnny Westland » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:52 am

Welcome Killjoy! It's great to have another Space Quester around here.
Johnny Westland
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:34 pm

Return to Non-Sierra Topics