[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - QFG2VGA is out!

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

QFG2VGA is out!

Discussion about the QFG Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

QFG2VGA is out!

Postby MusicallyInspired » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:39 am

"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

QFG2VGA is out!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Maxor127 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:36 pm

Figures I can't find my QFG1 import files anymore. I've spent the day trying to get QFG1EGA to work with MT-32 emulated DOSBox builds. Finally found one that works decent and figured out how to configure it in a front-end.

That brings me to a couple questions. I had the original Hero's Quest and I remember playing as a thief with magic powers and getting Zap at the start just like a magic-user does. But I just tried creating the character in Quest for Glory 1 EGA in my Quest for Glory Collection and it doesn't give me zap anymore. I thought maybe they changed it in a new version, so I tried downloading the original Hero's Quest and it does that same thing. Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong. I know I was able to start with Zap for my thief without any cheats. Anyone else remember that? Maybe it was the VGA version where I could get zap, but I'm pretty sure it's the other way around and that I could get it in the EGA version and not the VGA version. I also remember when I imported my character into other games, it would basically let me switch to a different character.

Which brings me to my next question. How does importing in the new AGDI version work? Does it let you select your character or is it smart enough to know that you're importing as a certain character and so you're stuck with it?
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby MusicallyInspired » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:49 pm

I believe AGD2 implemented a last-minute add-on that would let you choose to be fighter, mage, or thief seeing as a few imports were improperly imported sometimes. Any imports from QFG1 have to be in the QFG2VGA directory to be imported.
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Maxor127 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:08 pm

Does it mess anything up if you try to import as something other than your original class?
Maxor127

Postby scott3107 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:13 pm

Last edited by scott3107 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scott3107
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby Maxor127 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:47 am

Awesome, thanks.
Maxor127

Postby Kenneth » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:01 am

Nice, I am going to have to go download this now thanks for reminding me about this!
Kenneth
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Return to Quest for Glory