[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Sierra Adventure DVD Covers

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Sierra Adventure DVD Covers

General Sierra Discussion

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby MusicallyInspired » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:18 pm

LucasArts fans have em (check out MixnMojo for some sweet Monkey Island ones). Why can't we? I'm working on a Space Quest one right now. For those of you who are artistically inclined (or otherwise), give it a go and let's see if we can't get some sweet ones we can print out and use for our collections!
"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MusicallyInspired » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:22 pm

Here's a couple I made to start the ball rolling:

Ok a simple one for SQ1. Lots of black. Based on the black box version.

Larger version:

I have an even bigger version for those who want it.

Here's another idea I'm working on for another DVD cover style. This time more of a generic Sierra Collection template. Maybe some words like "Classic Collections" or something on the top would work, too. Might be a little bargain bin-ish, though.

"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby MusicallyInspired » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:30 pm

Here's another idea for the SQ1 version 2 box. I've gone the same route as the other cover I did and kept the design of the original. I retook the screenshot and everything to get it looking ultra-nice. Couldn't get those cool stars in, though. Maybe a lens flare?

Larger:
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby MusicallyInspired » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:51 pm

Ok, here's one that maybe more people could actually USE. 8) This time it's a collection cover following the same design as the first cover I made but with a couple extras. Thought it would be a good nod to the original game that started it all. Enjoy.

Larger:
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby QuestCollector » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:30 pm

What program do you use to design these?
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby MusicallyInspired » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:52 pm

That would be Adobe Photoshop 7. I took one of the LucasArts DVD covers one guy made and used the positions as a template for my own DVD covers.
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby MusicallyInspired » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:50 pm

Here's a King's Quest collection idea I'm thinking of. I'm thinking of putting a leather lining on the corners and the spine and a buckle on the right middle. Just gotta learn how to make them.

-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby MusicallyInspired » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:59 am

Here's a newer design I'm thinking of using. I'm using the KQ5 box art image because it's the best one in the series I think. I'd use the KQ1 Remake art except that there's a big feather in front of half the picture so I can't use it unless I put the feather in to and it'd look too messy.

-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby MusicallyInspired » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:05 pm

Ok this is the final version I came up with. I decided to go with the KQ1SCI picture after all and I think it works well. Any suggestions are welcome.

Larger:
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Kenneth » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:34 pm

I really like these! did you use a filter on the KQ1 picture? I agree that the KQ5 box is one of the better looking boxes in the series, the feather came out great though! It took me awhile when I looked on the left side of the box to realize Gwydion was being dematerialized. It kind of looks like he has a big head :).
Your SQ box turned out excellent too!
Kenneth
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby MusicallyInspired » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:55 pm

Actually, yes I did use a filter on the KQ1 picture there (if you're talking about the front cover pic). My KQ1SCI box scans are small and when I blew them up in photoshop for the DVD cover it was really pixelated. I used a Dry Brush filter in PS7 and it made it look like a nice painting AND it's not pixelated! Was perfect.

And yes, that's Gwydion being dematerialized. I was trying to catch a quick screen grab there and I wasn't fast enough I guess :).
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Kenneth » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:02 pm

I think I'll try and make a cover. I couldn't find the monkey island covers at mixin mojo. But I found a DVD template, so I'll give it a go :).

I'm totally printing out your SQ cover and using it. I love it man.

I guess if anyone wanted to take it further, someone should try making different CD designs.
Kenneth
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby MusicallyInspired » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:40 am

A few people were asking me long ago to make a version of the KQ DVD cover with the new WinXP artwork so here it is.

I tried to make it look like black leather seeing as it needed to be darker because bright blue marble wouldn't have fit the picture well. The scaling of the leather is pretty small though, but it was as high as Photoshop would let me scale it. Anyway, here you are.

-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Postby Xenon Explosion » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:28 am

Wow! Those look awesome!! A little bit of constructive criticism though...

When you're taking screen shots, try to move the mouse pointer or any icons off the screen before you capture it. Sierra has made that mistake themselves on the LSL5 box, where the pointer is right on top of Mr. Scruemall's face.

The second suggestion would be for the "King's Quest" logo on the picture with the feather and blue background. It looks like you had QUITE a hard time removing the background from around the logo. Maybe if you tried scanning the spine of a white KQ6 box (or KQ5 since it has a similar blue background) it might be easier to clear the background.

Now, what about a DVD cover for "The Coarsegold Collection" -- containing all sierra titles from about 1983-1998 (even though they moved to WA in 1995, I know...) And inside the DVD case should be just a single 2GB SD card with the old-style disk label with halfdome on it. :)

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby MusicallyInspired » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:53 am

The only problem with that is I don' t have a scanner OR any King's Quest boxes with that logo on it. You're right that I did have a hard time cutting it out, though. It didn't look nearly as bad before I put the beveled golden chrome effect on top...that really makes it obvious. I don't know where everyone gets a proper smooth image of that logo but I've not found it yet.

Come to think of it, I think I stole that logo from a scanned KQ6 box after all....red one, I believe.
-Guybrush Threepwood,
MusicallyInspired
Graham's Feather

Next

Return to Sierra Topics