[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - What's Up?

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

What's Up?

General Sierra Discussion

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

What's Up?

Postby cablenut8286 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:22 pm

Last edited by cablenut8286 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
cablenut8286
Keapon Laffin's Stock Boy

What's Up?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Spong » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:19 am

If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Postby QuestCollector » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:33 pm

May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Solestis » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Let's see. I first discovered Quest for Glory when I was three, I think. My dad got my brother Hero's Quest, and I found it was entertaining to watch him play (especially when he did something wrong and ended up dying). After that, I always watched him play Wages of War, and Shadows of Darkness. I think the idea of the Paladin character always appealed to me. (People tend to think of me as a goody two shoe, I guess.)
Solestis
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Vroomfondel » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:43 pm

Vroomfondel
Saurus Herder

Postby Xenon Explosion » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:00 am

Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Akril » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:14 pm

Well, I've finally been talked into registering...

My family's first computer was an old PC of an unknown brand that came with KQ3, LSL1 and PQ1 installed on it. Unfortunately, with no manual, there was no way to make any progress in KQ3. My dad later got LSL2, and I watched him play it a number of times (I was about seven years old).

Years later, I got The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain when I was about ten, not connecting this new game with the old games, which unbeknownst to me, were made by the same company. I also observed several kids playing what I later came to know as the original KQ1 on an old PC at school, and a year later, a classmate tried to install EcoQuest 1 on one of the computers in out classroom, but couldn't, because there was no CD-ROM drive. :shock:

Finally, in my Freshman year in high school, I found a CD labelled "King's Quest Collection, Disc 1" in my computer lab. Apparently someone had left it there and it was about to be tossed out. I picked it up and examined the contents, and years later, I had reacquainted myself with Sierra, owning just about every major adventure game made by them, and joining the fandom just a little while after Chainsaw Monday. My timing has never been very good.

In my years as a fan, I've created a lot of things of an artistic nature inspired by the games, in-between trying to get some of the more stubborn games to run properly. I'm glad to see the fandom is still keeping its head above water, and keeping the magic of those simple, yet beautiful old games aliveis pretty much all I could ask for.

Thanks for the games, cablenut. If I didn't own most of them already, I'd start downloading them right away.

Akril
Otto's Yo-Yo

Return to Sierra Topics