[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Play old IIgs games straight from Internet Explorer

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Play old IIgs games straight from Internet Explorer

General Sierra Discussion

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Maxor127 » Wed May 04, 2005 7:39 pm

I found a site that lets you play a whole collection of Apple IIe and IIgs games straight from Internet Explorer.

. It emulates Apple game very well. The reason I mention it is because it has many Sierra games. I tried Police Quest for a bit and it played good even though the sound wasn't exactly right, it was still emulated very well. It has nearly all of the AGI Sierra games.

The site is very easy to use. Just choose the letter of the alphabet the game starts with and select the game and it will start loading the game. If it's your first time playing a game, you'll need to allow it to install an ActiveX plugin. If a game doesn't load after all of that, simply follow directions to empty your internet cache (Tools menu > Internet Options > Delete Files...). All of you who played King's Quest 1-3, Space Quest 1 & 2, Police Quest, etc. on DOS with PC Speaker sound should check the IIgs versions out. Meanwhile I'll be busy checking out all of these games.

EDIT: I changed the VirtualApple link to the new URL. You can also try: http://portune.dnsalias.net/gs. Basically the same idea as VirtualApple only with a different layout.
Last edited by Maxor127 on Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Robin » Wed May 04, 2005 11:41 pm

Nice Find. :wink:
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Tarantula » Thu May 05, 2005 4:15 am

I had no idea what those games sounded like on Apple until now... Very interesting!
Tarantula
Dr. Brain's Hippocampus

Postby Maxor127 » Thu May 05, 2005 2:45 pm

Yeah I was spoiled by these games since I started playing on the IIgs instead of DOS so it's hard for me to play anything but the IIgs AGI games.
Maxor127

Postby Dustin » Thu May 05, 2005 4:20 pm

No question about it. The Apple IIgs games are superior :D
Dustin
Saurus Herder

Postby Maxor127 » Thu May 05, 2005 4:56 pm

Yeah, and it sounded even better on a real IIgs. The sound emulation on there is a little off but still good. I mostly only notice it on the opening theme songs.
Maxor127

Postby Dustin » Thu May 05, 2005 5:06 pm

Almost makes me want to go and buy an Apple IIgs :lol:
Last edited by Dustin on Tue May 10, 2005 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dustin
Saurus Herder

Postby Maxor127 » Mon May 09, 2005 5:00 pm

Maxor127

Postby BerserkerTails » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:22 pm

BerserkerTails
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby Maxor127 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:16 am

Yep... the only thing I don't like is how the emulator makes the sound stereo rather than mono. Splitting the sound in two separate channels just doesn't sound right to me. I love the sounds from the Sierra games, like when you kill Dracula in KQ2 or just all the different opening and closing of door sounds in PQ. They sounded so real back then.
Maxor127

Postby Austin2359 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:10 pm

interesting
Austin2359
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Robin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:55 pm

I made this topic Sticky because I think its very interesting and worth while. :wink:
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Kenneth » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:48 pm

Kenneth

Postby Robin » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:12 pm

Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Austin2359 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:21 pm

The beeps are kindov cool though. It has the classic style to it. But then I used the agisb patch so that it plays the beeps through my speakers.
Austin2359

Next

Return to Sierra Topics