[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Which games are most special to you?

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Which games are most special to you?

General Sierra Discussion

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Maxor127 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:25 pm

I'm interested to hear which Sierra games you guys like the most and not just like the most but which ones actually convey deep nostalgia and fond memories.

For me, in no real particular order they would be
King's Qust I-VI
Space Quest I-IV & VI
Police Quest I (original only) & IV
Quest for Glory I & IV
Black Cauldron
Mixed-Up Mother Goose
Thexder
Conquests of Camelot
Betrayal at Krondor
Return to Krondor
Gabriel Knight II
(I'll even throw in B.C.'s Quest for Tires I & II and Frogger)

That sounds about right. Hopefully I didn't leave any out. Yes there's noticeable omissions and that doesn't mean I didn't like those games (or maybe it does). The games I've listed are just the ones I grew up with and that seem to have that special something that the other games don't. There are probably a few games that would've made the list if I had a chance to play them when I was younger and actually had to slave through since gamefaqs is too tempting a resource and does kind of cheapen the experience. I'm just too busy to spend a week trying to figure out what to do next like I used to do.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Dustin » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:32 pm

KQ6, KQ5, all of the QFG games...and of course Space quest...I grew up on these games, and they will always be my favs. It just so happend that I got lucky and found my 486DX 66Mhz microchip from my first computer in 1993. Now i can play these games the way they were meant to be played. go here to check it out. http://www.vintage-sierra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=779
-Dustin
Dustin
Saurus Herder

Postby QuestCollector » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:55 pm

Hmm.... Let me think...

Definetly Space Quest I, III, IV, and V
King's Quest III, IV, V
Quest for Glory I, and IV
Thexder (loved it but it was very hard for me when I was young)
Leisure Suit Larry II
Colonel's Bequest.
Gold Rush

Non-Sierra Titles
Drakkhen (spelling?)
Centurion
M1 Tank Platoon
Civilization (one of my all time favorites)
Wing Commander III

I play these games when I get the urge to play some old games. They are great!
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Nobara » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:01 pm

Conquests of Camelot, especially because it was the very first computer game I ever beat all by myself without my parents or older siblings helping me. Conquests of the Longbow, too, because I have loved anything to do with Robin Hood stories since I was very young.

All of the King's Quests, but especially I and V. I also have many fond memories of playing Quest for Glory IV (and all of the games in that series, really).

The one that takes the cake as far as nostalgia and fond memories go is Phantasmagoria, though. Hee. I have more in-jokes about that game than anything else in the world. :lol:
Nobara
Dr. Brain's Hippocampus

Postby Maxor127 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:20 am

"Don? Don?" I actually never played Phantasmagoria... I watched my brother and sister play and kind of helped them but I never had the urge to play myself. For non-Sierra games, I'd have to say...

Ultima IV & V
Any SSI "Gold Box" RPG (Pool of Radiance series, Champions of Krynn series, Buck Rogers, etc.)
Legend of Kyrandia
Might and Magic II & World of Xeen
Bard's Tale Trilogy (especially II)
Castles II
Super Wing Commander (I think it was Mac and 3DO only)
Return to Zork
Marathon series
Journeyman Project Trilogy
Star Trek 25th Anniversary
SimCity 2000
Prince of Persia
Ancient Land of Ys
Legacy of the Ancients and Legend of Blacksilver
MULE
Archon
Summer Games and Winter Games
Hardball

Hmmm... I really could go on and on... yes I own and have played lots of games. I'm gonna need to get a third bookcase to hold all of my boxes.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby QuestCollector » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:00 am

May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby mcdonis » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:28 am

I started playing the Sierra's late (1991) but for me it would be.

Space Quest 3
Police Quest 2
Space Quest 4
Leisure Suit Larry 3
Col Bequest
Dagger of Amon Ra
Conquests of Longbow

Two games which at times had my at the tip of my seat was the two laura bow games. The music and fear of death and the ever present clock managed to create a situation in which I almost played in fear myself. Granted I was much younger when I played (high school) but still I think the experience has rarely been duplicated in gaming for me.

The two Space Quests I mentioned are also very dear to my heart because they introducted me to the wonderfull world of gaming. It was the first time I found games to be "deep". (at the time I only had nintendo and atari to compare it to) The way SQ could make me laugh one minute and tense the next trying to get out of a jam without getting killed always brought me back for more.
mcdonis
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby themonkeypit » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:58 am

My first post!

and my list of Sierra games I rate highly:

King's Quest I-IV
Space Quest I-IV
Police Quest I
Quest for Glory I & II
Black Cauldron
Gold Rush!
Colonel's Bequest
Conquests of the Longbow

I have all of these on disks still and I'm actually trying to find an old 386 to play them on.
themonkeypit
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby mcdonis » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:16 am

mcdonis
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby themonkeypit » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:20 am

themonkeypit
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Jen_Babcock » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:39 pm

I'm a coming in a little late into the topic, but I wanted to add my list:

Sierra Games:
-King's Quest I- VI