[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Which games are most special to you?

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Which games are most special to you?

General Sierra Discussion

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Psychic » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:30 pm

Adventures:
Police Quest (my first game on my own computer)
King's Quest I-III, V
Leisure Suit Larry 1-7
Space Quest I-IV
The Black Cauldron
Gold Rush!
EcoQuest
Conquests of Camelot
Conquests of Longbow
Willy Beamish

Arcade:
B.C.'s Quest for Tires
Donald Duck's Playground
Frogger
Silpheed

I also sure liked The Black Cauldron (and now have it for Tandy, PC, Atari and Amiga) and still do,
It has a great feel of adventure on how it involved you.
My favorite part is the castle too.
Probably still the best Disney-game to date :).

It would've been fantastic if Sierra would've started a line of AGI-games about Disney-movies back then :).
Say, Fantasia in AGI... :P

Song of the South, Sleeping Beauty, Sword in the Stone, Mickey and the Beanstalk (well, KQ1 has the climbing part covered :)), etc...

The Lord of the Rings, Silmarillion, The Hobbit etc. as AGI-games would be earth-shaking too.

Would be fun to make some mock-up title and play screens about these and other "would-have-been AGI/SCI-games".
www.springbringer.com - Fantasy Comic Book World, Music etc!
www.springbringer.com/fantasya/ - Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/AD&D/SSI museum
Psychic
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Robin » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:45 am

Those are some interesting facts. I've always loved the black cauldron, pitty they never made more games with Disney.
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Maxor127 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:24 pm

I'm surprised most of you don't like SQ2. I thought the graphics were excellent for the time. I liked the settings and the vibrant graphics. I was immersed in the jungle planet. It felt much more real than desert planet in SQ1. I'm hating I can't remember the names of either. They're on the tip of my tongue. Anyways... I thought it did the best of what I wanted out a SQ game. It contained a vast alien world to explore and giant spaceships to wander. I really can't think of any other SQ game that did it to such an extent. In fact, later SQ games seemed to get smaller and smaller by jumping you around to many small scenes rather than one large world.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby QuestCollector » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:15 am

Space Quest I: Kerona

Space Quest II: Xenon
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Classics

Postby Leyendecker » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:40 pm

Leyendecker
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Fenrus » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:24 am

Fenrus
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby Austin2359 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:45 am

Austin2359
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Kenneth » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:29 pm

Kenneth
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Maxor127 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:20 pm

Maxor127

Postby scott3107 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:23 am

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I'm new and want to contribute :-)

My most remembered games are:

KQ3 - The first Sierra title I played. So incredible at the time.
KQ5 - The first Sierra title I played with a sound card. The music that played when the logo appered blew me away.
SQ4 - My best mate in 1992 and I played this game for a few weeks together. They were happy days.
QFG1 VGA - I loved playing QFG with point and click. I reckon it's much better than the parser for this style of game.
LSL1 - Because my Mum and Dad wouldn't let me play it so I had to stay home sick from school to do so.
scott3107
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby Larry53 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:00 pm

KQV, my 1st sierra game and the most beautiful 8)

The other that make me feel this sensation is not a sierra, it's Monkey island (ahh the introduction at night with this caribbean music)
Larry53
Dr. Nonookie's Insurance Agent

Postby Maxor127 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:38 pm

Maxor127

Postby Johnathon » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:34 pm

"Where there's a Wilco, there's a way!!!"
Johnathon
Rakeesh's Court Jester

Postby twoz1976 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:31 pm

twoz1976
Roger's Broom Handle