[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - KQV - Out of Heap space?

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

KQV - Out of Heap space?

Discussion about the King's Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

KQV - Out of Heap space?

Postby JoBonnett » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:27 am

JoBonnett
Otto's Yo-Yo

KQV - Out of Heap space?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby JoBonnett » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:21 am

JoBonnett
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby gasoline » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:30 pm

gasoline
Manannan's House Maid

Postby Vroomfondel » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:48 pm

And I demand that I am Vroomfondel!
Vroomfondel
Saurus Herder

Out of heap space

Postby JoBonnett » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:43 am

Wouldn't have thought my computer was too powerful. I am actually using the computer I originally played the games on back in the 1990s. I've fetched it down from the attic and dusted it off. It's a pentium(r) 75 mhz, 8 MB RAM, 850 MB hard drive (is that right?) I'm not very technical I'm afraid. I have played KQ7, and then KQ1,2,3 + 4 ok but then got this problem right at the end of KQ5. Do you think it will play KQ6 ok. don't want to start and then it stop working half way through like it has done on KQ5. :roll:
JoBonnett
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Spong » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:59 am

According to the walkthrough it sounds like you only missed the ending
movie. It is possible your save game became corrupted and you need to
back up to an earlier point. You could also try finding the movie on
the disk or the cd and see if it is something you can just play. You could also
try after a fresh reboot. If you made it that far it is unlikely to
be a driver or system configuration problem.

or you can try this it have all of the king quest error on it http://www.tawmis.com/collector/Patches ... tes.html#5
If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Postby JoBonnett » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:49 am

Thank you Spong - the site you linked me to had a fix for my problem - it must be a common bug occurring at that point in the game.
JoBonnett
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Spong » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:43 am

If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Return to King's Quest