[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - space quest 3, 4, 5 . I've downloaded them now how do I make

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

space quest 3, 4, 5 . I've downloaded them now how do I make

Discussion about the Space Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby willhb3 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:30 pm

willhb3

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Robin » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:39 am

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Kenneth » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:13 am

Say you wanted to play Space Quest 3. You extarct the files with winzip...

Open Winzip

Select all the files in the archive

go to "actions" then, "extract"

Extract it to C:\SQ3

download

Install DOSBox

Run DOSBox

In DOSBox, type "Mount C C:\SQ3"

Next Type "C:"

and finally type:

"Sierra"
Kenneth
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Blahdiedadie » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:50 am

I don't mean to be rude but can't you just use Google?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
Blahdiedadie
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Postby ChrisReid » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:50 pm

ChrisReid

Postby Robin » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:16 am

Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby King Graham » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:48 am

Assuming that DOSBox follows the old DOS conventions, you don't need to type the file extension so long as there isn't a .com file with the same name. Let's say that you had these three files in the same folder:

Sierra.exe
Sierra.com
Sierra.bat

If you typed "sierra" it would run the .com file. If you deleted the .com file, DOS would show a preference to the .exe file and run it instead of the .bat file.

Again, I have no idea if DOSBox follows these standard rules.
King Graham
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Me » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:02 am

Where did you download them from?
Me

Postby Spong » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:36 am

Yeah where do you download the Space quest games What Website
If we not carry out Adventure Games Through the New Millenium,Then the games must die
Spong
Graham's Feather

Postby Robin » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:30 am

Search through the sticky threads on this forum or use Google.
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Return to Space Quest