[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Life with Larry

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Life with Larry

Discussion about the LSL Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Life with Larry

Postby RP » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:22 pm

Believe it or not I have been playing LSL since I was 3 years old.

As a child I always loved Sierra AGI adventure games and I always used to play them with my uncle, including LSL. Of course I didn't understand what Larry was doing and what he was trying to acheive (I thought a "Prophylactic" was something like a picture frame and the items description confused me further). I always used to call the game "Man" for some reason or another.

I think I also played LSL 2 with my uncle once but from what I remember, this was an AGI game which LSL 2 isn't so maybe it wasn't what I thought it was but I do remember it being in the "Man" series :wink:.

I was about 11 when I asked my uncle to dig the game out and install it again. I was even able to get past the Q&A (mostly by guessing). It was great playing the game again and figuring out what really was going on.

Today I have gotten all through LSL 1-3 and have enjoyed 3 the most. I find the background music in the jungle to be nice (its great to hear it on the main sites LSL section) and it was great to play as Patty too.

I never actually play Leisure Suit Larry for its content, I play for the adventures wherever Larry is, same with Space Quest, Kings Quest and etc.

I thank Al Lowe for making such a great game.
RP

Life with Larry

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Austin2359 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:11 pm

You should look at www.allowe.com
Austin2359
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby RP » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:32 am

I have been to that place numerous times.

It was wierd seeing him post all the copy protections up, thats what helped me get through Larry 2 & 3.
RP

Return to Leisure Suit Larry