[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - LSL7: Love For Sail now on your Mobile Device! (Sort-of...)

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

LSL7: Love For Sail now on your Mobile Device! (Sort-of...)

Discussion about the LSL Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Xenon Explosion » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:26 am

I was poking around the web when I found VU's latest bastardization of yet another Larry game... well, the BEST Larry game!! Leisure Suit Larry: Love For Sail is now available as a mobile game, but be warned, it's NOT LSL7!

Check it out here:

They even replaced the PMS Bouncy cruise ship with some lame-looking party boat!! UGH!

I heard Ken and Roberta make a cameo, talking about how "His last games didn't sell very well".... yeah, like that was either of their faults.

Is this the REAL reason why they left LSL7 off of the collections? Because they planned this thing and didn't want people to confuse it with the GOOD version??

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Larry53 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:44 am

I've played the demo version, and it's better than Larry 8.
It looks like a RPG game on SNES.
For a mobile game it's not so bad.
Larry53
Dr. Nonookie's Insurance Agent

Postby 4th guy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:48 pm

They have GOT to be kidding me.
4th guy
Graham's Feather

Postby vintagegames » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:17 am

First of all, thanks for the information. I probably wouldn't have found this or looked at it if I had heard about this other otherwise.

Not having played LSL8 (I don't even have the box in my collect (yet)), I can of course not compare the games. I also played the demo level, at least up to the point after I called a taxi and decided to try the pixel-doubling of the player software - which ended in a permanently black screen.

The game itself - as far as I can tell from such a short level - appears to be something that I might like. The only drawbacks are
1. the interface (e.g. can I escape from an object without doing anything? I'm not a "mobile gamer", so I'd have to look into this); although this is to be expected due to the platforms. They still could probably adapt this to PC and mouse support with little effort if they wanted.
2. the music keeps restarting in every room. It's not too long and entertaining anyway, but at least it should be continuous. It's enerving especially if you cross a few rooms. Turning it off completely would on the other hand also be a bit boring.
3. The demo runs on PC, but I couldn't find any purchase option for this platform.

I probably criticized (1. and 2.) everything that NES games came to love 20 years ago :) I never owned anything but a PC.

So with proper scaling and some mouse support I would probably buy this as a PC version. Is this going to happen? I haven't send an e-mail, but I can already imagine the answer from VU.
vintagegames
Saurus Herder

Return to Leisure Suit Larry