[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Another LSL MCL article

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Another LSL MCL article

Discussion about the LSL Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Will you buy/play LSL: Magna Cum Laude?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
I don't have a Playstation/XBox
No votes
Only if a friend has it/buys it for me
No votes
I'm selling these fine leather jackets?
No votes

Total votes : 2

Another LSL MCL article

Postby LazyGal81 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:28 am

This is taken from the August 2004 issue (#191) of GamePro magazine (a great magazine, BTW) under Sneak Previews.
Here's the link: http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps2/games/p ... 6488.shtml

Psst. Hey, kid, look over here. We recently got an early preview version of Leisure Suit Larry (giggle giggle) in house, and guess what? It’s really damn funny. And really well acted. A graphical and gameplay juggernaut? Well, maybe not so much. But if you were worried that Larry would be self-censored for his console debut, put those worries to rest…the early version (still unapproved by the ESRB, alas) is filled with some pretty crazily over-the-top sequences of nudity, quadruple-entendre, and general super-baudiness.
Fans of Larry’s old graphic adventure style should note that the game definitely takes a much more “casual” approach to gameplay. Progress mostly involves playing lots and lots of mini-games (including variations of Tapper, Pong, and PaRappa) to keep your hands occupied while the goofy raunch goes on parade. Rather than picking lines of dialogue in a conversation, Larry tries to hit different scrolling icons that represent what he’ll say next, each with a color (red = bad, green = good) indicating how well it will be received by his object of affection. Hit a squid icon, for example, and he may mention sushi…or Willie Nelson’s giant squid…or the time he was abducted by alien squids…or some fish-related comment we dare not repeat in a magazine that might be read by your mother. Tasteless? You betcha! But definitely not bland.

Well, I'm still not expecting much. Without Al Lowe's wonderful humor, how can this game do well with nostalgic fans? 14 year olds might find the raunchy humor to be excitingly new, but we know it was done before (and better!). Still, I'm going to buy this, just like I tried to get my hands on every Sierra game when I was a kid, like it or not, because it's Sierra. And while this is not necessarily Sierra, it is a Sierra character. Yes, captain, I'm doing my part. :lol: Although it is nice to note that even in this Post-Janet Jackson-malfunction era that people can still (well, so far atleast) get away with baudiness.
"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."--Monkey Island 1

LazyGal81
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Another LSL MCL article

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Leisure Suit Larry