[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - game freezing in police quest collection

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

game freezing in police quest collection

Discussion about the Police Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Xenon Explosion » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:00 pm

Maybe this might help you. I think there's a certain order you need to do things in. You said it's the day AFTER Sonny's wife gets attacked? The only entries for Oak Tree Mall in the hintbook are for Day One (the day it hapens) and Day Four (the day you search Morales' purse)

These are pages from the PQ3 Hint Book:

***WARNING! Spoilers ahead!!***

Day One: Oak Tree Mall

Q: What should I do at Oak Tree Mall?
A: Well, a couple of things.
* When you arrive at the scene, look carefully at Marie.
** Take the gold chain from her hand, then ride with her to the hospital.
*** When you return to the scene, talk to the reporter. He'll give you his business card.
**** Finally, put some batteries in your flashlight and look under the driver's side of Marie's car. Take the bronze star.

Q: What's that psychologist doing under his desk anyway?
A: What do all psychologists do under their desks?
* You shouldn't be concerned about that.
** He's taking a break, of course. Now quit reading questions that don't help you in this game!

Q: What's the psychologist do when he's NOT under his desk?
A: He helps stressed-out officers
* With enough information, he can help ascertain what makes a suspect tick.
** He can help put together a psychological profile of criminals you're investigating.

Q: Should I read the file on his desk? If so, how?
A: Yes, you should
* You'll have to return when he's out of the office.
** Come back on Day Five.

Day Four: Oak Tree Mall

Q: I've taken Morales to the mall, is there anything I can do while I'm waiting?

A: You bet! Did you notice your partner left her purse?
* When officer Morales leaves to make a phone call, take the key from her purse.
** Visit Zak, the key maker.
*** Pay Zak for the copy of her key.
**** Finally, return the key to her purse before she gets back in the car with you.

-------

That's about all the info I have. I remember having a similar problem near the end of SQ4 years and years ago. Whenever I tried to connect the Pocket Pal to a certain port on the catwalk, it would boot me out of the game with "OOPS! You did something we didn't think of!" :roll:

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby feberam » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:14 pm

feberam
Otto's Yo-Yo

Previous

Return to Police Quest