[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Police Quest III: The Kindred and Sierra game manual ?

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Police Quest III: The Kindred and Sierra game manual ?

Discussion about the Police Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby Tseki » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:58 am

Should PQ3 include Sierra game manual ? In the main page it says it doesn't have but I have seen versions with this manual and I want to know if I'm missing it or not.

Here's my copy of PQ3:

And here's one with Sierra game manual:

Thank you for your knowledge !
Tseki
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Xenon Explosion » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:46 am

Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Tseki » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:13 am

Tseki

Postby Tseki » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:13 am

Tseki

Postby Xenon Explosion » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:43 am

Just to clarify, I was talking about the covers of the manuals, not the inside. :)
Here's a picture of what I meant about the color/black and white versions of the manual:

But now I'm not so sure if what I said before was correct. You see, that color version on the left came inside my PQ3 Re-Release, as described in my last post. But the REAL manual, based on the time that the game was released, looks like it's supposed to be the rainbow-colored one in your picture.

The black & white version came out of my Re-Release version of King's Quest 6. All original copies of KQ6 had the simple 7-page, purple Sierra Game Manual. The version I have has a white VGA/EGA sticker on the spine of the box instead of a blue one, and the disk labels were the "flying disk" style instead of the three color stripes. Anyway, enough about KQ6, my point was that the photocopied (black & white) versions have thus far all been from re-issued (or "value-priced") copies of the games I have.

Now here's something else interesting... Look at the Table of Contents of the color version and the black and white version... almost identical except that "Robo Tech" on Page 28 has been changed to just "Automated Tech Support" in the black and white version! Maybe another copyright lawsuit forced them to revise the manual...

So, in conclusion Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe you can tell the "edition" of the game you have by the manual that comes with it, and how the System Requirements sticker is styled and positioned. Now, who wants to gather and archive all this info? I think we've got PQ3 and KQ6 figured out! :)

-Tom.
Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby JeffPaine » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:56 pm

Sounds like it's a Slash release
JeffPaine
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Larry53 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:04 pm

If i understand:
the first releases have a manual in COLOR.
the re-releases are in B&W
Larry53
Dr. Nonookie's Insurance Agent

Postby Spike » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:34 am

Spike
Jesse Bains's Protege

Postby Tseki » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:22 am

Tseki

Postby Xenon Explosion » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:15 am

Xenon Explosion
Clerk at Black's Market