[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - the PQ series CD

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

the PQ series CD

Discussion about the Police Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

the PQ series CD

Postby branden7 » Thu May 12, 2005 9:04 pm

I could use a hand here with the pq series single CD. I realize other people have asked this, but i have read through the posts and i have not seen anything that clears up my questions.

I cant get this CD to work on XP or DosBox. On dosbox, it tells me it has to be installed in windows, in windows, it tells me the system file is not suitable for running MD-DOS and windows applicated.

I legally own the game..i just want to play it. can someone help me out with this? I've even tried running it on my old laptop with windows ME on it and i get the same error. Thank you for any possible help.
branden7
Otto's Yo-Yo

the PQ series CD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby branden7 » Thu May 12, 2005 9:54 pm

ok, i found another post in the game help section (which i didnt see on my first go-around). So heres what i've done. i copy and pasted the files from the pq1_vga folder from the D drve to my C drive, and i've used dosbox to run the game from there. it seems to be working, althoug i havnt really figured out the settings yet (dosbox settings). I dont know if this will work for game 3 and 4, but i can try. any imput is appreciated.
branden7
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby odino » Fri May 13, 2005 9:11 am

AFAIK all 4 adventure style games run under Dos and should work by default. You can slow down and increase the speed with the newer DosBox versions if necessary. When you start DosBox there are instructions on help etc.

I played PQ3 & 4 on my old 486 so they should be working the same way now.
odino
Saurus Herder

Postby Dustin » Fri May 13, 2005 11:56 am

-Dustin
Dustin
Saurus Herder

Return to Police Quest