[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Which is Better...Colonel's Bequest or Dagger of Amon-Ra?

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Which is Better...Colonel's Bequest or Dagger of Amon-Ra?

Discussion about the Laura Bow Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby RogerWilco » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:26 am

RogerWilco
Otto's Yo-Yo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby FesterBlatz » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:30 am

I like them both equally...

I thought Dagger's story was wonderful as well.
Hut of Brown, Now Sit Down!

FesterBlatz
Site Admin

Postby Tamra » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:08 pm

I haven't been able to play Colonel's Bequest on any of my computers since way back when I first bought and played it (just could NOT get it to run) :/ so I have fond memories of it, but I just can't recall the whole game. Hence, put my vote down for Dagger as I've played through that a few times and really enjoyed it each time.
Tamra
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby WanderLady » Wed May 05, 2004 5:03 pm

I recently completed Dagger of Amon Ra so I can now answer this, and I rate them equally good, as well. Colonel's Bequest may have a slight edge, though, due to the Sleuth Meter at the end.

Additionally, in Bequest it was fairly simple - and eventually obvious - to figure out the culprit, but in Dagger I had a hard time. I thought that everybody was killing everybody, but, boy, was I wrong:

"LAURA BOW BUNGLES INVESTIGATION" :oops: :P

Did you have a difficult time with Dagger, or even Bequest?
WanderLady
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby QuestCollector » Wed May 05, 2004 6:24 pm

I had a rather difficult time with Dagger of Amon Ra. Colonel's Bequest was rather easy and very predictable. Plus Dagger seemed more suspenseful.
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby LazyGal81 » Thu May 06, 2004 4:09 am

Well, I liked--no, loved both of them. Aside from the GK series (excepting Blood of the Sacred, which I had bought but never finished cuz I wasn't into it and my computer made it go reeeealllyy slow), the LB series was my favourite.

Dagger I found to be a bit harder, because you really didn't realize that there were all these things that needed to be accomplished to get the "perfect score" at the end of the game. I had to go back a couple of times after I finished it to go and view all this stuff that I didn't do.

Bequest I, of course, had trouble with because it was a typing game and you all know what trouble you have sometimes with figuring out just what, exactly, to type.

Gosh, I can't even begin to explain how much I loved the LB series. It was a good mystery game for someone my age (gosh, I cant even remember how old I was when I played those two--I know I was young enuff not to "get" some of the refrences--Gloria Swansong, stuff like that. Heck, when I went to go buy Bequest with my mom, I pronounced it Col-lon-el, which of course brought giggles from not only her, but the sales clerk. Heh. Memories....), because it wasn't well, VERY graphic..... I mean, it wasn't Phantas graphic, just enuff to prove for titilation for my young mind. Like I was looking at something I shouldn't (rather like when me and my cousin tried to casually ask my parents for the answers for LSL1).

Ok, I need to say this one more time. LB rocked!!! (gets off her soap box and leaves it for whoever's next :lol: )
"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."--Monkey Island 1

LazyGal81
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby WanderLady » Sat May 08, 2004 12:05 pm

Last edited by WanderLady on Sat May 08, 2004 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WanderLady
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby Robin » Sat May 08, 2004 2:23 pm

Gaggar of amon ra, thats got to be my fav, even though I never could get LB1.
Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby LazyGal81 » Sun May 09, 2004 6:10 am

LazyGal81

Postby Robin » Fri May 21, 2004 8:20 am

Do you know whwre I could get a sample of music from LB1? or a demo?
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby LazyGal81 » Fri May 21, 2004 8:59 am

LazyGal81

Postby Robin » Fri May 21, 2004 9:01 am

Why didnt I think of that? thanks.
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Ternian » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:20 pm

Ternian
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby King Graham » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:08 am

King Graham

Postby Robin » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:10 am

Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Next