[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Thinking About Creating New Laura Bow Game

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Thinking About Creating New Laura Bow Game

Discussion about the Laura Bow Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby tygerize2 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:06 am

Hello all! I'm thinking about creating a new, exciting, murder-filled Laura Bow game!

Laura Bow
in

The Final Curtain

When we last left our fearless heroine, a love had been sparked between her and Mr. Steve Dorian! It's the year 1928, and Laura has been engaged to Steve! Laura's father decides as a pre-wedding present, to send her and Steve on a trip to Paris. They arrive in Paris and get a room at a grand hotel, overlooking the streets of Pari'! While unpacking, Laura finds a letter in her bag from her father, telling her that as ANOTHER present, he arranged a tour for her and Steve of a famous Opera House in Paris. The day of the tour, they arrive and meet their tourguide, Mr. Moorow. The actors and actresses are just practicing, and no one but Mr. Moorow, actresses Lara Field, Sissy Mamone and Pepon Lemi, actors Jaban Polon and Pierre Cardon, a janitor, the orechastrator, and Steve and Laura!

Whil getting toured, all the actors are onstage rehearsing an Opera. Steve and Laura finish their tour and decide to watch the rehersal with Mr. Moorow, who own the operahouse. While Sissy Mamone is preforming a song, an arrow shoots from the mezzanene, striking Sissy in the head. Screams are heard, and everyone looks up to see a figure! The lights go out, and scream heard, and then the lights are turned on... Lara Field and Jaban Polon are gone! The only actors left are Pepon and Pierre! The orchestrator says he heard footsteps, and the janitor is found in the hall, sweeping. Steve tries to get the police, but the doors are locked! It is decided everyone should stay in the theatre, and lock all the other doors so it is sure everyone is fine...with a killer lurking outside the theatre, (in the halls, backstage, loungs, lobby, etc.) it may be the only safe place! But Laura knows what to do, and must solve the mystery of who killed Sissy, and where Lara and Jaban have gone! But the identity of the murderer must be figured out before everyone else starts dropping like flies...

I hope it's a good story. Now for the technical stuff. I would need help on how to create the game, executa everything, etc. I would like some help, and some other devolpers if possible! Thank you!
tygerize2

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Nobara » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:23 pm

I know nothing whatsoever about the technical aspects of game creation. But I just wanted to say that I think your plot idea is really cute and great and definitely fits the theme of the rest of the series. If it ever gets made, I will totally play it. :D
Nobara
Dr. Brain's Hippocampus

Postby tygerize2 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:07 pm

tygerize2

Postby mcdonis » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:44 am

I wish you well, I loved the series and hated it when they never made another.

Frankly if I was you I would go over to some of the Space Quest sites some folks over there have made their own fan games from the same game engine used in sq2. (same as Col bequest)

But its a long process that usually takes a whole team of folks working for a year or more just to do it.

Like I said good luck if you manage to pull it off I would play.
mcdonis
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Alex Bark » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:54 pm

Alex Bark
Manannan's House Maid

Postby mcdonis » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:31 pm

mcdonis
Clerk at Black's Market

Postby Alex Bark » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:12 am

Alex Bark
Manannan's House Maid

Return to Laura Bow