[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - The worst police Quest chapter?

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

The worst police Quest chapter?

Discussion about the Police Quest Series

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

9%
9%
9%
No votes
73%

Total votes : 11

Postby Robin » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:13 pm

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BerserkerTails » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:05 am

Police Quest 2 is actually my favorite of the series. I think the 4th one is the weakest. Mainly because with the original three Police Quest game,s even though they did try their hardest to be like an actual cop simulator, were at their heart, still adventure games. They shared common things between the series (Soony Bonds, Jesse Bains, Lytton, etc...), and the character of Sonny Bonds was a very likeable character.

The 4th one, not being a Jim Walls game, lost what I call "The Sierra Feeling", which is that feeling you get when playing a classic Sierra game. I don't even think it took place in Lytton, did it? I haven't played it since it came out.
BerserkerTails
Roger's Broom Handle

Postby King Graham » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:11 am

I too enjoyed the Jim Walls games. Wasn't PQ4 done by Daryl F. Gates, the chief of the LA police during a those riots? I just enjoy the look of the old Sierra games. The video-like games usually didn't appeal very much to me.
King Graham
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby Robin » Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:28 pm

Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby QuestCollector » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:19 pm

May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Police Quest 1

Postby Guest Cop » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:21 am

Guest Cop

Postby 4th guy » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:58 pm

Why are all you guys so pessimist? "Worst Space Quest", "Worst King's Quest", "Worst Police Quest" say something about the best ones :shock: .
4th guy
Graham's Feather

Postby Blahdiedadie » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:16 pm

Somehow asking what people think is the worst Police Quest game reminds me of the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons: "Worst Police Quest ever!" :D

Anyway, to stay on topic, I think that Police Quest 4 is the worst (or any of the SWAT games if those count) because I just didn't like the story or the, ahem, photo-realistic graphics (I'm glad that fad is over). My personal favourite is Police Quest 2, with Police Quest 1 as a close second.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
Blahdiedadie
Hurtz Rent a Bike Ad Exec

Postby Robin » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:13 am

Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

YEEAAAHH!!!! 1st post!!!! YEAAAAHHH!!!!!

Postby jvswerbo » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:20 pm

jvswerbo
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Maxor127 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:27 pm

Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Postby Johnny Westland » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:11 pm

Johnny Westland
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby Johnny Westland » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:15 pm

Johnny Westland
Nontoonyt Cannibalistic Native

Postby Maxor127 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:28 am

Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Police Quest

Postby robjv1 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:42 pm

I agree -- PQ 2 is the best in the series. I think it has the best atmosphere, it's the funniest, and it's downright creepy at times. It has a lot of moments that PQ 4 tries to duplicate (and does succeed at some of the time). I just feel the most involved in PQ2, moreso then the others in the series. I was under the impression most people thought PQ 3 was the best in the series, but I have yet to play through it. PQ1 VGA version just isn't as fun to me as the original, but I appreciate the effort to differentiate it a bit from the first one. PQ 2 then PQ1, followed by 4 probably for me. Can't really judge 3 yet.
robjv1

Next

Return to Police Quest