[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
vintage-sierra.net • View topic - Getting the Kings Quest Collection to run in Windowns XP...

Welcome | Games | Sierra | Wanted | Links

Getting the Kings Quest Collection to run in Windowns XP...

Help getting these games running on your current computer

Moderators: FesterBlatz, Robin

Postby KeronaAle » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:47 am

KeronaAle
Saurus Herder

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Robin » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:42 am

Please take a look at the latest rules, it is essential you follow them. !
Robin
Fifi's Feather Duster

Postby Seawolf18 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:27 pm

Seawolf18
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby King Graham » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:39 pm

It almost makes one smile to think that systems which people once paid $4-5 thousand dollars for are now selling for less than the S&H required to send them.

It's a good time to be a classic adventure fan. At least when it comes to computer prices. 8)
King Graham
Lytton's Mayoral Office Clerk

Postby QuestCollector » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:54 pm

Unless you buy the classic games, they tend to be way more expensive than an older computer.
May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby King Graham » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:38 pm

Yeah, of course you can simply download them. I buy as many as I get my hands on of course. The boxes alone are worth it.

The only entirely bad side is the fact that they stopped making them... :(
King Graham

Postby KeronaAle » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:52 pm

KeronaAle
Saurus Herder

Postby KeronaAle » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:53 pm

KeronaAle
Saurus Herder

Postby King Graham » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:07 pm

This discussion and all of the replies make up a thread.

Dictionary.com:

Something that suggests the continuousness of such a strand, cord, or filament: lost the thread of his argument.
King Graham

Postby KeronaAle » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:15 pm

Thanks Graham :)
KeronaAle
Saurus Herder

Needs Windows...

Postby Kimono Ash Armor » Fri May 06, 2005 1:42 pm

I downloaded all the KQ games, but they didn't have the voice acting in the latter games. A friend lent me the KQ 15th Anniversary Collection on CD-ROM, but when I try to open them in DOSbox, it states the Windows is required. It installs without a hitch (other than the fact that I don't have a 256 color monitor) but won't open. I have XP Pro, and I remember looking at 95 emulator options, but can't remember how. Any suggestions?

Could I also install 95 on a separate hard drive or something?
Kimono Ash Armor
Otto's Yo-Yo

Postby Nobara » Sat May 07, 2005 12:48 pm

I don't run XP myself, so I can't be sure, but I have used it before, and I *THINK* you can just right click on the .exe shortcut, go to properties, and there might be a little checkbox or something for 'Run in Windows 95 mode.' Maybe. I'm not sure if that will even solve your problem, but it's worth a shot.
Nobara
Dr. Brain's Hippocampus

Postby Ashe » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:01 pm

Ashe

Postby QuestCollector » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:36 am

May the Farce Be With You!
QuestCollector
Noxious Spore Harvester

Postby Maxor127 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:27 am

Most of the CD games run in DOS with only a few that are Windows-only. I had trouble installing the games through DOS too, so what I think I did was instead of making a profile for a game on D-Fend for DOSBox, I made one that linked to the install.exe on the CD instead and ran that and I think it installed fine. After that, I relinked the files to the installed .exe fles on my hard drive. I think it worked. I know PQ4 was especially a pain. If that doesn't work, you could always try just copying the folder from the CD to the hard drive. It seems install.exe has trouble installing the files but works fine as long as you're only using it to configure the monitor and sound and stuff.
Maxor127
Vohaul's Campaign Manager

Return to Installation Issues